• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great chicago restaurants ~$80/person?

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More good suggestions from Ron.

Here's a few more:

Quartino is similar in quality to its next-door neighbor Osteria Via Stato (Quartino is owned by Gibson's and Rich Melman's Lettuce Entertain You empire owns Osteria). Osteria used to have a small plates emphasis, but they seemed to have moved to a more traditional menu set-up.

Cyrano's Bistro - I've recommended this place on the board before. Didier Durand's place is a charming slice of Paris right in the middle of the River North neighborhood.

Kiki's Bistro - along with Cyrano's and Ron's recommendations of Margot and Le Bouchon, another nice French "boite" at an affordable price point. Margot's has an advantage of being in the middle of the Old Town shopping/dining/drinking strip on Wells Street, while the other places are a bit isolated from other attractions.

Perennial - Seasonal fare in a nice location across the street from Lincoln Park.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Cyrano's Bistro - I've recommended this place on the board before. Didier Durand's place is a charming slice of Paris right in the middle of the River North neighborhood.

Cyrano's is nice indeed. I especially like eating there outside during summer.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ate at Riccardo Trattoria again. Fantastic.

A resto I forgot to add to the list is Graham Elliot. Such good food at his place.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Ate at Riccardo Trattoria again. Fantastic.

A resto I forgot to add to the list is Graham Elliot. Such good food at his place.

+1.
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
The truffled popcorn is awesome.

The truffled popcorn is gimmicky. But Graham Elliot is legit, a great chef, always inventive, and his food is not only fun to eat b ut absolutely delicious.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
+1.

The truffled popcorn is gimmicky.

Do you say that because it's popcorn, or because its yet another use of truffle oil? I'd probably agree that it can be gimmicky, but it's still good.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
Do you say that because it's popcorn, or because its yet another use of truffle oil? I'd probably agree that it can be gimmicky, but it's still good.

I'd say both. Popcorn is like the latest culinary trend, and putting synthesized truffle oil on everything is sort of the common denominator in food.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads