• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wingtip Wednesday, fellow GS enthusiasts!

20200701_gs-lwb.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello GS community, I wonder if I can have some help in sizing. I own a pair of Alden Indy (405) in 10.5 US and use Church 173 last, Cheaney 120 and 130 last and Loake in Capital last, all of them in 10.5UK.

I wonder which size in Grant Stone would be suitable for my feet.

Thank you

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello GS community, I wonder if I can have some help in sizing. I own a pair of Alden Indy (405) in 10.5 US and use Church 173 last, Cheaney 120 and 130 last and Loake in Capital last, all of them in 10.5UK.

Thank you
I wear the same size in Barrie as Leo last.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you
I wear the same TB, Barrie as GS Leo last

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broke out the calf cap-toe boots today with khakis. No picture this time.

@GrantStone You guys should a a notification system to your website for when you add b grade stock. I always find out to late.
You may be already subscribed to the Grant Stone newsletter, but if not, they send out B-grade update email notifications just about right away. The email is what informed me of yesterday’s update.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you

I have slightly wide feet. So on the Indy (turbalance last) i am 10.5D. On the Leo last i am 10.5E

I would say either go half a sizer up from Indy or a width up

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have slightly wide feet. So on the Indy (turbalance last) i am 10.5D. On the Leo last i am 10.5E

I would say either go half a sizer up from Indy or a width up

@aj2603 Since you have Trubalance on a narrower width than the Leo, is the 10.5D Trubalance comfortable?
How much difference in the width do you find between 10.5D TB & 10.5E Leo?

I ask because, after 3 pairs of GS Dunes I am in love with the natural cxl colour and hence for my first pair of Aldens I am looking for a natural cxl Indy boot in my GS Leo size of 13E. However, only 13D are available at one retailer (apparently 13E is not a standard size for stock, also Alden is discontinuing the natural cxl for the immediate future until further notice) and hence I am wondering whether the stretch/give properties of cxl combined with the wider TB last will make 13D Indys comfortable for me (may start out as snug but with shoetrees covered with a couple of pairs of white athletic socks + few wears they may be comfortable).

With no Alden store in Singapore I cannot try out the size and with returns becoming a costly affair due to international shipping I am not sure whether to go for 13D TB Indys or forget the idea altogether.

Sorry to be off-topic.

Cordovanity

Reaction score
Damn. Was looking for a black Chelsea boot right in this price wheelhouse but I don’t think the chunkiness of the sole and the build do it for me vs some other options I was looking at. I even was in the market for a more “rugged” one but just not feeling these for some reason.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@aj2603 Since you have Trubalance on a narrower width than the Leo, is the 10.5D Trubalance comfortable?
How much difference in the width do you find between 10.5D TB & 10.5E Leo?

I ask because, after 3 pairs of GS Dunes I am in love with the natural cxl colour and hence for my first pair of Aldens I am looking for a natural cxl Indy boot in my GS Leo size of 13E. However, only 13D are available at one retailer (apparently 13E is not a standard size for stock, also Alden is discontinuing the natural cxl for the immediate future until further notice) and hence I am wondering whether the stretch/give properties of cxl combined with the wider TB last will make 13D Indys comfortable for me (may start out as snug but with shoetrees covered with a couple of pairs of white athletic socks + few wears they may be comfortable).

With no Alden store in Singapore I cannot try out the size and with returns becoming a costly affair due to international shipping I am not sure whether to go for 13D TB Indys or forget the idea altogether.

Sorry to be off-topic.

Trubalance is a wide last by design. The Last is Alden's widest last. I have not tried any Grant Stone "D" width boots, so i cant comment on those.

But Width wise, Trubalance "D" and Grant Stone "E" are similar.

I think you can go for the 13D in Alden. Since you are going for chromexcel and length is not an issue. I "D" width will be fine in Alden.

Since ur going for CXL and not Cordovan its fine. Chromexcel does stretch a bit (compared to other leathers). So u will be safe there, even if "D" is a bit snug in the beginning it will expand a little

I know what u mean about import / export.... I live in India where it is even more difficult :D

Last edited:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trubalance is a wide last by design. The Last is Alden's widest last. I have not tried any Grant Stone "D" width boots, so i cant comment on those.

But Width wise, Trubalance "D" and Grant Stone "E" are similar.

I think you can go for the 13D in Alden. Since you are going for chromexcel and length is not an issue. I "D" width will be fine in Alden.

Since ur going for CXL and not Cordovan its fine. Chromexcel does stretch a bit (compared to other leathers). So u will be safe there, even if "D" is a bit snug in the beginning it will expand a little

I know what u mean about import / export.... I live in India where it is even more difficult :D

Thanks @aj2603 for the confidence building !!

Mumbai boy myself through & through :)

Shandoeluna

Reaction score
If I wear an 8 Triple E in Strand for Allen Edmonds, what size would I be for a diesel boot from Grant Stone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads