• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people just have a lot of footwear. I definitely know at least a few people on IG with 100+ pairs.. Wish I could say the same, but I've gone in the opposite direction lately. Trying to have very few that just check the few boxes I want to check.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Blue ptb while wife is shoe shopping.

0227211256a.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some people just have a lot of footwear. I definitely know at least a few people on IG with 100+ pairs.. Wish I could say the same, but I've gone in the opposite direction lately. Trying to have very few that just check the few boxes I want to check.
I'm a proud
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
member of the 100+ club (but only 4 companies) Today the Saddle Tan Diesel on leather got the call for garage clean out duty.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I really want to get on the Ostrich MTO, however, I showed them to my wife and she said she would rather stick her head in the sand then be seen with me wearing them.
She thought they looked interesting when I showed her the pictures, but once we got the the one where it was a top down view of them on the feet, she said they looked like clown shoes.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top down is the least flattering view for footwear in general. It’s not like she would ever see them from that angle when you’re wearing them.

EZBZ

Reaction score
So I really want to get on the Ostrich MTO, however, I showed them to my wife and she said she would rather stick her head in the sand then be seen with me wearing them.
She thought they looked interesting when I showed her the pictures, but once we got the the one where it was a top down view of them on the feet, she said they looked like clown shoes.

To me, Ostrich only looks right on cowboy boots. It's just too ornamental for normal everyday boots. Those Diesels do look good though (such a versatile design.) I imagine it will depend on individual taste and geographic region. In the PNW where I live, it would be hard to wear them without people staring disapprovingly.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They’ve confirmed that color 8 CXL is coming. Not exactly sure which models. I think it was mentioned in this thread before but also more recently in a podcast.

Starting with the Diesel and Brass boot this fall.

Fanstastic.

:crackup:It's definitely not for everyone. I don't wear western boots or really even Chelsea boots. This was just a fun make-up but when I wear it, it's really not that loud (surprisingly). My wife didn't even notice and when I asked her opinion, she said "oh, those are different".

In southwest Michigan, I'm more out of place wearing tassels than this boot. But to be fair, I'm already out of place wearing any type of GYW footwear here. I can go months without seeing GYW shoes, so trying to fit in (with regard to attire) is already out the window.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tIE6BA2.jpg

lrvQYYX.jpg

1S2RGOB.jpg

grant stone traveller maduro shell compared with ashland fat herbie color 8 shell. nobody asked for this but i thought this thread might find the side by side color differences interesting.
Both look lovely ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads