Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tlieu

tlieu Well-Known Member

I'll pay top dollar for Gitman Brothers Vintage
    Ecru Overdyed Oxford 12 Gitman Archive 1978 from Context Clothing in a size MEDIUM.
    Anyone?

2. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

Let me run this sizing issue by people and see if anyone is in the same boat. I am in-between a small and a medium in Gitman and can't make either look great. I tried on a BoO 2 (Medium) today though and it seemed perfect. I'm a little surprised though as I thought BoO ran very very small. Has anyone else found Band to git right into the Gitman black hole?

3. 13k

13k Senior member

That's the Gitman fit. Small shirts look great on guys around a 36" chest. Try sizing up to medium and the extra space in the back is just comical. I think one way to help remedy the fitment issues is to iron the shirts. They give a little extra room when all the wrinkles are out. The back is even roomy for a small when you straighten out the box pleat in the back.

4. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

That's the Gitman fit. Small shirts look great on guys around a 36" chest. Try sizing up to medium and the extra space in the back is just comical. I think one way to help remedy the fitment issues is to iron the shirts. They give a little extra room when all the wrinkles are out. The back is even roomy for a small when you straighten out the box pleat in the back.

At some point isn't this just trying to fit a round peg through a square hole?

5. 13k

13k Senior member

Pretty much. This is one reason I feel their cuts aren't meant for everybody. You could always try medium and tailor it if the shoulders fit.

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Let me run this sizing issue by people and see if anyone is in the same boat. I am in-between a small and a medium in Gitman and can't make either look great. I tried on a BoO 2 (Medium) today though and it seemed perfect. I'm a little surprised though as I thought BoO ran very very small. Has anyone else found Band to git right into the Gitman black hole?

That was how I was, between a small and a medium in Gitman. Small was too tight, Gitman billowed. BoO M was perfect for me, which is why I had so many. No billowing at all and slim through out. BoO is very easy to find fairly cheap in B&S anyhow

7. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

is penelope reliable? they sent me a paypal invoice(international) On sunday.. i just sent them the money and yet to receive any confirmation or anything.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yes, I've ordered before and my shirt was delivered USPS (i think), and fairly quick.

9. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Alright thanks! Kinda waiting for their confirmation etc, haven heard anything from them

10. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

I scored 5 GBV shirts at a Saks outlet the other day for 150 in total. Life is good.

11. jaac

jaac Senior member

Selling/Trading both "colourways" of the OC x Gitman leopard shorts in 30 in fs.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

If anyone ever sees a shop with the navy + cream dragonflies, PM me asap

13. sofaking30

sofaking30 Well-Known Member

While I was washing my Gitman, I saw swiggly line on my back shoulder area. Upon further inspection, I realize it's a piece of discolored thread between the two fabrics [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Best course of action?

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

It's like your Gitman has a tapeworm.

15. 13k

13k Senior member

Haha, I've noticed this as well with one of my shirts. My white oxford when washed had a small red and a blue string inside at different spots of the sewn seams. When it dries you won't notice it.