• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giorgio Armani Shoes

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SmallFishWang
Hi guys my first post in SF after months of reading, i am getting buyer's remorse after buying a Giorgio Armani Shoes today, even after 60% off its still over priced, but it was kinda love at first sight. I guess i wanted to see what u guys think so i can either feel better about myself or feel worse ~_~.. Also i cant seem to find any info(what collections) regarding the shoes, will be very grateful for any info. Attached fit pic please be gentle.
worship.gif

ARe you sure those are genuine? There is something not right....I would imagine Armani uses Blake construction....yet those look like "artificial look like Goodyear welting" edges....very popular with the Chinese fakes, I'm told... also, who the hell writes 100,00% vitello? They would say 100% vitello... it looks maybe even like a "Chinese who lives in Italy and knows how Euros write their decimals" fake... Something's not right... As for whether they look good or not....that's up to you, but good for you for posting pcitures of yourself WEARING the shoes....as my Mom would say, shoes are to be worn, not put on the floor at a jaunty angle and photographed.... Where you did you get them? And how?

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
ARe you sure those are genuine? There is something not right....I would imagine Armani uses Blake construction....yet those look like "artificial look like Goodyear welting" edges....very popular with the Chinese fakes, I'm told... also, who the hell writes 100,00% vitello? They would say 100% vitello... it looks maybe even like a "Chinese who lives in Italy and knows how Euros write their decimals" fake... Something's not right... As for whether they look good or not....that's up to you, but good for you for posting pcitures of yourself WEARING the shoes....as my Mom would say, shoes are to be worn, not put on the floor at a jaunty angle and photographed.... Where you did you get them? And how?
I got them at Armani outlet, I am sure it's 100% genuine.. http://www.hongkonghustle.com/fashio...laza-shopping/ Today I went back and tried to exchange for something else.. I was pretty much begging and told them I will spend more if they let me. After 20min (the manager has to call their office for permission), they let me. Thanks everyone for your feedbacks, haha i end up getting a navy sweater made with 100% virgin wool, it feels like baby buttocks
drool.gif
drool.gif

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Heres some photo, sorry i am too lazy today for a fit photo, plus its just a normal navy sweater. I thought the description was so over the top but i gotta say, its very very comfy, but for its price it better be...
sarcasm.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
The shoes are genuine. they are also genuinely unattractive, but they are real. All of those markings are in line with what I've seen on any of my GA items.
I got them at Armani outlet, I am sure it's 100% genuine.. http://www.hongkonghustle.com/fashio...laza-shopping/ Today I went back and tried to exchange for something else.. I was pretty much begging and told them I will spend more if they let me. After 20min (the manager has to call their office for permission), they let me. Thanks everyone for your feedbacks, haha i end up getting a navy sweater made with 100% virgin wool, it feels like baby buttocks
drool.gif
drool.gif

Glad you got rid of the shoes; I mean, now you've got a very basic wool sweater that cost you a fortune (haha). BUT, it's at least more durable than the other. Avoid going to the Armani store. I think it's bad for your pocket book.
lol8[1].gif

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
The shoes are genuine. they are also genuinely unattractive, but they are real. All of those markings are in line with what I've seen on any of my GA items.

Glad you got rid of the shoes; I mean, now you've got a very basic wool sweater that cost you a fortune (haha). BUT, it's at least more durable than the other.

Avoid going to the Armani store. I think it's bad for your pocket book.
lol8[1].gif

Haha yea I agree 1000%. It is so overpriced even after discount that only people who are truly rich can afford( I am not).

Thanks Rach for all your kind words, u made me felt much better, thank you(sincerely).. By the way what do u think about giorgio armani bags? I saw a carry on that was on sale, the design was nice but the quality looks soso....

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haha yea I agree 1000%. It is so overpriced even after discount that only people who are truly rich can afford( I am not). Thanks Rach for all your kind words, u made me felt much better, thank you(sincerely).. By the way what do u think about giorgio armani bags? I saw a carry on that was on sale, the design was nice but the quality looks soso....
Armani bags have some of the lowest quality-to-price ratio I've ever seen. I often like the design, and the simplicity of the styles (for the mainline), but the hardware is cheap, the linings are very icky/papery, and the leather is low-to-mid-grade, at best. It's basically a $175 bag paraded as one costing $1750. I would avoid altogether, unless at DEEP discount (like 80% or more) If you are in the market for a carry-on, stay tuned to the sales area as I'm getting ready to list some of my bags I'm not using (haha)

SmallFishWang

Reaction score
Haha will do, I don't really follow b/s because I live in hk and most seller don't like to deal internationally, but I will keep an eye out for ur items.
bigstar[1].gif

Telleur

Reaction score
Buying pants are more forgiving, I've had a few pairs that didn't work out and I just turned them into shorts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads