• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gift suggestions for a woman that just delivered a baby

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jen
If you want to give her a gift, then make it something for her. She will be getting lots of things for the baby already.

Perhaps some sort of "pamper yourself" care package. There are some great home spa products that you can even get at the drug store. Put that together in a basket with some herbal teas, a nice box of chocolates (speaking for myself here), etc.

Flowers are also nice.

If you know of a good place, a massage gift certificate (some place like Burke Williams) is a great gift, though it may be a while before she takes the time to use it.

+1 on what Jen said.
Assuming she had a baby shower, she's swimming in baby stuff. That is definitely useful, but at this point getting more baby stuff for her (1) runs an increased risk of being redundant; and (2) is probably getting old.
Getting something that's clearly for her, rather than for the baby, likely will be much appreciated. One thing I have observed is that when a new baby arrives, many people start defining the mom's life in terms of the baby and motherhood. When my daughter was born, I had to talk to some of the relatives to get them to start buying presents that were really for my wife on her birthday/xmas/etc. rather than just buying her baby/mom stuff. One of the best things you can do for a new mom is to remind her that you still think of her as a person in her own right, and not merely as full-time nanny.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
GQ - women go a little nuts after they give birth. they may not want anyone touching them, or they may want it. they may feel very uncomfortable in their bodies. they may have trouble eating certain things, or feel very fat and want to diet. unbelievaby hard to say, until you see a specific women for a specific pregnancy.

safer to stay away from massage treatments, in my opinion.

So essentially there's no right answer. You're not helping gt :p

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
So essentially there's no right answer. You're not helping gt :p

can you talk with her man and get a feelign for how she is doing, after the birth? if not, gift certificate. safer.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At some point. It depends if he's around when i have my classes. He hasn't been around as much lately for obvious reasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads