• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George Cleverley Anthony Cleverley Models

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your opinion, which you are free to implement on your shoes. These are Chelsea boots with thin leather soles that I plan to wear year-round, including the present winter conditions. I'd rather have Topy outsoles on them than break my neck walking on icy sidewalks or up and down wet marble stairs at the train station on slick, soaked leather.

Last edited:

Chowkin

Reaction score

I purchased these on sale, hence no original lasted shoe trees were included. The trees you see in the pictures are on the EG 202 last and actually fit the Chow quite well.

Did you get them from Lether Soul? Mine were only half off but came with lasted trees. I would have kopped the Chow (my surname!) had they been available in my size

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get them from Lether Soul? Mine were only half off but came with lasted trees. I would have kopped the Chow (my surname!) had they been available in my size

Some were discounted a little more deeply than others at Leather Soul, but all were a good deal. Which ones did you get?

I wanted to grab the Chow, but in my size they only had it in burgundy and it would have been a bit redundant for me in that colour. I ended up with the Rourke in black.

Chowkin

Reaction score

Some were discounted a little more deeply than others at Leather Soul, but all were a good deal.  Which ones did you get?

I wanted to grab the Chow, but in my size they only had it in burgundy and it would have been a bit redundant for me in that colour.  I ended up with the Rourke in black.

I got the Bodin in burgundy, which is a darker than my EG's. I also got the Thomas in chestnut and the Reuben in tan. I really shouldn't have bought so many but hey, it's not every day you come across a retailer discontinuing a line and offers such a bargain. Plus I couldn't get them anywhere else except MTO cause even GC carries them starting from size 6 and I'm a size 5!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, dude, you cleaned up! Congrats! Now make with the pics already.
smile.gif

WSW

Reaction score

I got the Bodin in burgundy, which is a darker than my EG's. I also got the Thomas in chestnut and the Reuben in tan. I really shouldn't have bought so many but hey, it's not every day you come across a retailer discontinuing a line and offers such a bargain. Plus I couldn't get them anywhere else except MTO cause even GC carries them starting from size 6 and I'm a size 5!

Wow, size 5 is pretty small. My Chows were discounted by Leather Soul a bit more than yours. I would love to see yours.

Sad to hear that they're being discontinued but the $1k+ shoe range seems very competitive, especially with the limited number of men who would even consider spending that much.

Supergenius

Reaction score
Just for clarification, are ACs being discontinued by Cleverley or just no longer being sold at Leather Soul?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from shoe Appreciation: Loafers are a tough fit for me. I don't currently own a pair. I have a high instep, and the complete absence of ANY ability to adjust fit in that area via lacing or strap closure means that if they are too tight in that area, the shoe simply won't work at all, even if the fit everywhere else is just fine. I'd pretty much never order a pair on-line, because the odds of fit failure are just too high. For the same reason, Chelsea boots are a loafer fit taken to a nightmareish level. So naturally, I ordered a pair and hoped like hell they'd fit. :) In this case, I was encouraged by the fit of my Anthony Cleverley Cameron Oxfords. As with my Vass shoes, there seemed to be just a bit more than average instep allowance. They arrived (from the LeatherSoul sale), and I still half-expected the worst. But man, they fit like a dream! Must sacrifice a chicken to the shoe gods. My thanks to my good friends at LeatherFoot here in Toronto, who provided a complimentary shine on these puppies even though they were purchased from a different retailer. The finish had been just a little flat, but that has been improved a good deal, particularly on the toe. Without further babbling, here they are the Anthony Cleverley Rourkes:
orig.jpg
This may be owner bias talking, but do these boots have great lines, or what?
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads