• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out the great service and communication I have received from Steve at Gentleman's Footwear.
I'm looking for my first pair of Carminas and he is a great help.
Thank you gsgleason! Many thanks for your flexibility as well! Cheers!

All is A1 there, quite right sir!
Unless Steve doesn't carry a particular model, there is no reason to buy elsewhere. Amazing communication and price.
Steve,
We've all drunk the Kool-Aid. The burnished calf or snuff suede flavored Kool-Aid, that is!
haha many thanks gents! Cheers!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the blue cappelli challis wool tie (with medallions). It's lovely but I'm curious how it knots given that it is unlined. I prefer a light lining on my ties for various reasons, but picture of the tie in the wild would be appreciated.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the blue cappelli challis wool tie (with medallions). It's lovely but I'm curious how it knots given that it is unlined. I prefer a light lining on my ties for various reasons, but picture of the tie in the wild would be appreciated.
Sorry, I should've worded it properly :) They are in fact softly lined but has unlined tip (or untipped).
I will take some pictures and post it bit later today of the lining and when tied! Cheers!
Steve

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Still have 4 interested in the Burnished Burgundy (Rain Last) U wing MTO!
Let me know if you would like to sign up! Happy Friday everyone :)

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, I should've worded it properly :) They are in fact softly lined but has unlined tip (or untipped).
I will take some pictures and post it bit later today of the lining and when tied! Cheers!
Steve

Thanks for the clarification. It's a lovely tie.

Last edited:

Sveldte

Reaction score
Hi,
The burgundy in 8.5 - what is the outer sole length? Can you give comparison with Crockett & Jones sizes - e.g. 348 last.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve some great new things added to the website. Need to get some pics added here.

member2000r

Reaction score
Any possibilities to have a re-run again for this Saddle shell 2 eyelet derby? Rain last & JR beveled single leather sole
The Saddle short-wing currently in stock is having similar functions with my Cognac long wing
facepalm.gif

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,
The burgundy in 8.5 - what is the outer sole length? Can you give comparison with Crockett & Jones sizes - e.g. 348 last.
Thank you for your inquiry Sveldte,
If you are referring to the Rain last burgundy full brogue derby we have in our webstore, the outsole measures just a tad bit short of 12 in.
If I'm not mistaken CJ 348 is elongated, slim last. I believe you will do fine in the same 8.5 UK sizing as your CJ. Any other members who has experience with CJ 348, please feel free to chime in :)
Thanks for the clarification. It's a lovely tie.
Sorry for the late reply. Here is the picture of the lining inside. I think they knot quite nicely :)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any possibilities to have a re-run again for this Saddle shell 2 eyelet derby? Rain last & JR beveled single leather sole
The Saddle short-wing currently in stock is having similar functions with my Cognac long wing
facepalm.gif

We just received the rerun of this MTO we order last year.
They were MTOs and all spoken for at this point :(

Unfortunately the saddle shell is no longer available (the rarest of them all apparently)

But not all hope is lost according to the article linked below written by our good man Derek.
http://putthison.com/post/86916947703/wsj-on-the-shell-cordovan-shortage-if-youve-been

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Still have 4 interested in the Burnished Burgundy (Rain Last) U wing MTO!
Let me know if you would like to sign up! Happy Friday everyone :)
Now we have our 5! Just need one more for this lovely MTO!!

Speaking of MTOs, how about this Suede boots for the fall?? (with unlined shaft)
@stevent

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads