• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dlind

Reaction score
Wow that is amazing! I might have to come steal those from you next time I go home to Stockholm.... Where they ordered through Skoaktiebolaget?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
question - has anyone experienced any variation in GG sizing across the same last? i got a pair of TG73 and it seems to be a half size bigger than others i have tried on. i'm pretty sure i'm not confused on UK vs US sizing either

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well.. the thing is that I just booked a meeting with them whilst in London and we discussed and the only thing I was sure of was whole cut and not black. Tony presented some ideas that we tweaked a bit. The color is Vintage Pine Calf and the last is tg73. I've instructed them to go rough on the antiquing..

Nice shoes! How's the fit? Any close shots of the sole waist stitching?

question - has anyone experienced any variation in GG sizing across the same last? i got a pair of TG73 and it seems to be a half size bigger than others i have tried on. i'm pretty sure i'm not confused on UK vs US sizing either

No experience besides the toe box volume variations.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Edit...read your post wrong. No i have tried several models in the sam last and no variation.

Yes i have. I wear UK7.5 in GG06 and MH71 and UK8 in DG70 and TG73. I own shoes in DG70 and MH73 and have tried the other lasts including UK7.5 F in DG70. That didn´t work at all, my feet are E width.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks guys. i received a pair and they still work fine for me, but felt kind of longer than other TG73's i've tried. just wanted a sanity check

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets unwrap this package and look inside

Now I'm just walking around in them..
Hope I manage to give you freaks ;-) something to enjoy.

/E

congratulations. you've done an awesome job there. particularly like that you chose toeNAILS instead of taps.
one of the best looking pair ever especially having seen your progress pics

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Promised some pictures of my bespoke G&G's At first fitting did they look like this: Daniel went back and worked some more and sent me below picture last night. They looked like this before final touch: Received another picture today... After magic touch from Tony: I think they look amazing... Shipped today.. Can't wait to try them on again. If you guys want... I can post some more pictures showing the opening ceremony :worship:
HOLY **** THOSE LAST SHOES ARE BEAUTIFUL

Elfsberg

Reaction score
Wow that is amazing! I might have to come steal those from you next time I go home to Stockholm.... Where they ordered through Skoaktiebolaget?
No.. Ordered it from the horses mouth.. Did the fitting at Skoaktiebolaget though

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elf, thank you so much for the close-ups.

Savoy in racing green

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads