• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First real "voyage" of my new Crompton loafers (wearing them for over eight hours while working from home at a desk and going up and down stairs to the kitchen counts!). These are my first pair of Gaziano & Girling loafers, and to me it's a different experience from wearing G&G boots, derbies, and oxfords - no laces/buckles/extra leather to keep the foot secure. Tongue pads should give me a more secure fit. (I don't think that sizing down or changing the widths would help.)

That said, I'm loving them, and I'm sure there will be more Gaziano & Girling loafers in the future (after my incoming Deco Rogers and London boots).

IMG_2694.JPG IMG_2696.JPG

Last edited:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is St James II, GG06 last.

If memory serves me right, this is my first pair of high end shoes, got it as NOS from an Ebay Auction from Luxe Swap.
The first 10 wears are terrible, I regret why I am buying it every step I walked. after the break in, they are quite comfortable now.
54C694F3-3F95-4781-AA27-2B77082ABDA5.jpeg

A47D9B6E-7CF4-44D2-87E4-29C1FE5FF5C1.jpeg
53664DAB-3376-4E23-96E0-9F073B0E3D65.jpeg

Last edited:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G Jodhpur boots, can’t wait to wear these soon in Fall/Winter.

View attachment 1441115
View attachment 1441117
View attachment 1441127
View attachment 1441120
View attachment 1441118
View attachment 1441119

G&G MTO Deco London Boot on a Custom Patina with Reversible straps in matching Alligator/Vintage cedar

Beautiful, but why wait for Fall/Winter? ;)

I'm awaiting my pair of London boots (my third G&G promo purchase this past season) - Vintage Rioja, MH-71, Wensum sole.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, but why wait for Fall/Winter? ;)

I'm awaiting my pair of London boots (my third G&G promo purchase this past season) - Vintage Rioja, MH-71, Wensum sole.
haha i am just not used to wearing Boots in summer. Congrats and looking forward to see the pictures.

That deco last is so beautiful. I'm definitely a fan of rounder lasts vs. Square
Thanks, I like the Deco round on this pair and really like the Double leather sole tapering into single sole fiddle back waist.
Just need to get the Metal toe taps done and they will be ready :)

Woodman

Reaction score
What are the straps?
I need a shorter pair for my boots, and I thought I'd try a different leather.

dench127

Reaction score
How similar do you guys find GG vintage oak to EG dark oak? I've never seen vintage oak in real life but from the pics it looks pretty close, with maybe a bit of red undertones.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anybody here go to their South Hampton trunk show? How is the US pricing vs UK? When I went to their trunk show in SF/ Bay Area their pricing was crazy compared to UK/ the rake.

JayBreezy99

Reaction score
did anybody here go to their South Hampton trunk show? How is the US pricing vs UK? When I went to their trunk show in SF/ Bay Area their pricing was crazy compared to UK/ the rake.
By crazy do you mean significantly higher prices in the US vs the UK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads