• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know your not a Boot Guy or anything, but you are welcome to partake...
wink.gif
Thanks for the invite, however with 3 in the works at this point I'm going to have to pass.

Besides one of those is a boot, and since I'm a shoe guy that's already one more than the norm. LOL

dauit

Reaction score
What is the price for these?
10 000 SEK.

The temptation is strong with this one, I promised myself not to buy a pair of shoes before summer. Since I study my cashflow isn't the best at the moment, however I worked over the christmas break. So you never know.

When is it due?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

10 000 SEK.

The temptation is strong with this one, I promised myself not to buy a pair of shoes before summer. Since I study my cashflow isn't the best at the moment, however I worked over the christmas break. So you never know.

When is it due?

27th of February.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should do it!

Thanks for the recommendations and swatches@Leaves @murakamiharuki @laufer . I think I'm going for the natural edge. Hope it turns out like the third pic. So vibrant.

i think that will be a great choice!

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think that will be a great choice!

Thanks, I'm excited. I think my next one will be the Warwick in Vintage Oak. Not sure of last but I have till February 28 to book it before the price increase.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm excited. I think my next one will be the Warwick in Vintage Oak. Not sure of last but I have till February 28 to book it before the price increase.

That may only be a shoe, but that looks pretty good!! LOL

Seriously though, great looking shoe.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

One of my favourite styles from G&G, it's one of few styles that will look good on any of their lasts.

jrb666

Reaction score
I recall seeing something about polishing British Racing Green G&Gs somewhere. I thought it was on this thread, but I can't find it.

So far, I've been using the shoe snob's neutral wax polish, with okay, but not outstanding, results.

Any wisdom would be much appreciated.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chowkin

Reaction score

I recall seeing something about polishing British Racing Green G&Gs somewhere. I thought it was on this thread, but I can't find it.

So far, I've been using the shoe snob's neutral wax polish, with okay, but not outstanding, results.

Any wisdom would be much appreciated.

Black wax

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow, are the loafers bespoke? thanks so much for the pics. the shoes are gorgeous

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure on loafers but they are mainly used to show the beautiful patina colors

i havent seen that high quality of finishing on rtw models. and the welt is cut so close to the shoe. gorgeous stuff first thought was bespoke

stijn

Reaction score

That's one lovely pair... I think I'd love this on the MH71.

Some advice is needed, what cream polish would & wax you gents recommend for a pair of vintage rioja's?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads