• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

ianGP

Reaction score

We are having a Grand Opening on October 25, 2014! Please come & visit us @ 6426 Brandon Ave, Springfield VA 22150 AH One Shoes & Repair!

I was just picking up my shoes from Hetom's shop and he mentioned yours opening up in Springfield!
I'll be sure to stop by sometime next week :nodding:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was the first time I wore those shoes in a couple of months...almost forgot I had them hahaha....but the pic doesnt do them justice...I think they look best from the perspective of someone facing them looking at them....

the cap toe and the instep are very visually appealing.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you...I use black wax polish only...very lightly from time to time...with a heavier finish on the toes.

Looks real good, but I am bit surprised you don't use a bit of red or Mahogany as well though.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope...I usually only use the mahogany on my chestnut colored shoes...for the Rioja I prefer the black...I have used a burgundy wax before on another pair of rioja shoes...but I don't think this adds much to the color profile...

do you use mahogany on your rioja? pics? i would be interested in seeing this effect...

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope...I usually only use the mahogany on my chestnut colored shoes...for the Rioja I prefer the black...I have used a burgundy wax before on another pair of rioja shoes...but I don't think this adds much to the color profile...

do you use mahogany on your rioja? pics? i would be interested in seeing this effect...
No I don't. I'm just trying to get a feel for what might work best at this point.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my new arrived MTO Gaziano.

Do you think the fit is ok, or left one do opens too much?

[URL='http://i60.tinypic.com/25a87rc.jpg%5B/IMG'][COLOR=rgb(65, 115, 148)]http://i60.tinypic.com/25a87rc.jpg[/IMG[/COLOR][/URL]]

Also the toecap seems not straight on the left shoe. Do you agree or i am too maniac?

Quality is simply the best i have seen, a bit over Kiton that I am familiar with.[URL='http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1463867/'][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1463867/width/500/height/1000[/URL]

And service of the crew is the best I have seen. TOP PEOPLE

Size is 8

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the MTO the fit seems to be very good. Keep in mind that one of you feet is longer and maybe larger in volume than the other.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St James in Vintage Cherry F width. My new favorite color.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vintage cherry is such a nice color...and the remake of it is so much better than the older version which was more of a chestnut...

they added a lot of red pigment and it is much improved.

congrats

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

second pair of MTOs arrived after a few hiccups - steve @ leffot's original design, but on the deco last
I love a good side gusset shoe although I prefer a Lazy Man. I am seriously contemplating ordering several different pairs of G&G Dorchester, from Vintage Oak to Fox Suede and everything in between to complement my pair in Hatch Grain. With small (out of control) kids at home, every saved second counts, and to be just able to slip into those bad boys without any effort is so appealing to me. Also, I love the style although I certainly understand many people detest it. I guess it's the same thing with tassel loafers or split toe derbies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads