• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they look pretty to me, are you thinking about a pedestrian downgrade? ;)

I got the chance to try on a sample pair of GG Wigmores, in black pebble grain & black suede combination. It looked so good that I might end up getting that as my first GG, in midnight blue though...

well, what else are you considering?

Jim Profit

Reaction score

Yeah, there is no GG branded cream. They only carry original polishes made by LCA. Hasegawa-san recommends using only neutral creme along with their original wax polishes (and never stain remover)

How will Saphir renovateur affect the original color of the shoe? And witch Saphir cream is closest in color to the Vintage oak?

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On second thought it may have been that the Regency were only available with a brass buckle and not silver...

You were correct. G&G didn't offer Brass buckles with Mayfair or Grosvenor when we met in London. However, Tony Gaziano has just told me that they will do soon so any MTO Grosvenor or Mayfair ordered from now can have a choice. Nickel or Antiqued Brass colour buckles. They don't have them yet but if a MTO is placed now they will be in stock within the time it takes to make them.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And witch Saphir cream is closest in color to the Vintage oak?

I would say....

Dark Brown from Saphir Noir
Boar Brown or the darker Havana Brown from regular line (blue label)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x post just for fun. :)

1E894433-952F-4E70-98AF-73AC2110F7B2-7748-000006F89E1C6F9A.jpg

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick was at the factory today and was kind enough to snap previews of my inbound damage. I'm in transit on Tapatalk so hopefully his iPhone images size correctly. Will take some proper pics when back home.

Mayfair MH71 in vintage pine
St. Tropez KN14 in hatch grain
Mayfair TG73 in black
Arran TG73 in vintage rioja
Burnham TG73 in vintage oak

8emyturu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/zu3u6uta.jpg[/I[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/mu2use5e.jpg

yhahabu8.jpg

9uvypyhu.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bounce2: enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads