• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PV - you lucky dawg! and yes, defo get a 2nd pair for the holidays.

I think Nick will be sending some pics to confirm that the extra burnishing is as desired. Assuming that works out, I guess they'll ship pretty soon. I'm hoping the shipping doesnt take much longer than the wait!

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

4th May i ordered mine but i am a F fitting so think these might take longer

In my experience, I have some that took up to 6 months. It really depends on their schedule and number of orders they get. Typically, I get them withing 16 weeks, unless they is a special request for something additional.

Any way you look at it, the wait is worth it and the results are always breathtaking!

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
Had a email from Nick and he thinks 1 pair could be ready. Fingers crossed

In my experience, I have some that took up to 6 months. It really depends on their schedule and number of orders they get. Typically, I get them withing 16 weeks, unless they is a special request for something additional.
Any way you look at it, the wait is worth it and the results are always breathtaking!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As I was telling Nick, I had shied away from G&G in the past due to the long wait times - long for me anyway. I finally convinced myself that it would be worth the 12 week wait for a pair of Rothschilds in vintage chestnut on the DG70, and it would end up as a nice christmas gift for myself.
So initially I'm thinking 12 weeks. But Nick says that he actually just placed a Rothschild order with Tony so delivery time would be closer to 8 weeks. Great - puts a little dent in my x-mas rationale, but no worries. I then get another update from Nick - it looks like the order has been moved up so the wait time is down to about 6 weeks. Awesome. Yesterday, Nick sends another update - he just came back from the factory and my Rothschilds should be ready today. Tony's putting the finishing touches on my burnishing requests.
So, after literally two years of being put off by 12 week lag times, I'm told my shoes are ready within 7 days! :slayer: Mind you, I dont think this is the new normal, as Nick assured me that 12 weeks are closer to the norm.
I guess the question now will be whether I should still get a pair for X-Mas :embar:

Congratulations for taking the plunge (I've considered that particular shoe in that very combination), and your luck is simply incredible. I'd say the chances of another 7-day turnaround for something Nick doesn't already have in stock is akin to lightening striking twice! Looking forward to the pics...

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Wow! Sounds amazing!

Most definitely something that I'd love to see pictures of.

I feel the same way about making a MTO order, the thought of waiting 12 - 16 weeks for the shoes to be made is too hard on my weak heart :censored:

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congratulations for taking the plunge (I've considered that particular shoe in that very combination), and your luck is simply incredible. I'd say the chances of another 7-day turnaround for something Nick doesn't already have in stock is akin to lightening striking twice! Looking forward to the pics...

Thanks! Yes, I won't expect a one week turn around time ever again :)

I've really been amazed by some of the pics on this thread for the Rothschild in vintage chestnut. As Nick explained to me, the extra burnishing can be requested from G&G - I think this is why there are some models posted with less of a color contrast in the toe box and back quarters than others. I forwarded a few pics which I think were sent to Tony for reference. I have a feeling I'll be pleased with the results.

Will definitely post pics.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow! Sounds amazing!
I feel the same way about making a MTO order, the thought of waiting 12 - 16 weeks for the shoes to be made is too hard on my weak heart :censored:

DO EET!!!

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Thanks! Yes, I won't expect a one week turn around time ever again :)
I've really been amazed by some of the pics on this thread for the Rothschild in vintage chestnut. As Nick explained to me, the extra burnishing can be requested from G&G - I think this is why there are some models posted with less of a color contrast in the toe box and back quarters than others. I forwarded a few pics which I think were sent to Tony for reference. I have a feeling I'll be pleased with the results.
Will definitely post pics.

I think you are lucky. They must have had that particular shoe ready in production line in your size and they needed to just do the burnishing. It normally takes more than seven days to just cut the leather.
Congratulations.

Last edited:

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Wow! Sounds amazing!

like Nike says; JUST DO IT!
The results are worth it. You will get something special unlike many of the pedestrian styles flaoting around.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick sent some pics and posted on his tumblr. Hopefully, I'll have them in hand in a few days. . .

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nick sent some pics and posted on his tumblr. Hopefully, I'll have them in hand in a few days. . .

nice one!! Rothschild is hands down one of my all-time favorite full brogues....perfect symmetry of pattern with an amazing medallion!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads