• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gangsta Rap Made Me Do it

Musselma

Reaction score
I was hoping this would be a news article about some crime where a kid blamed rap instead of grand theft auto for once
frown.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Pretty good. Don't worry, Musselma, quite a few clips of GTA in there. Also a ton of old white guys dancing. Pretty good video, the song's a bit choppy, but he was obviously looking to make a statement/controversy and not to make a hit. Kind of similar to his song Us on Death Certificate.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Compton Was A Nature Preserve For Bunny Rabbits!"
crackup[1].gif

kever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Did gangsta rap make him make ****** movies?

Yea, I like the video and the song, but it's weird to think this was the same guy who was in such cinematic masterpieces such as "Are We There Yet?" and "Anaconda"..

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Did gangsta rap make him make ****** movies?

Friday is a cult classic, nevertheless.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video. Friday, Higher Learning, and Boyz N the Hood are all excellent movies. Barbershop was also pretty funny. Are We There Yet and XXX 2.. however..

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Great video. Friday, Higher Learning, and Boyz N the Hood are all excellent movies. Barbershop was also pretty funny. Are We There Yet and XXX 2.. however..

Don't think I heard of nor saw Higher Learning. Boyz N the Hood was pretty awesome and Chris Tucker was funny in Friday (unlike the turd he just put out with Jackie Chan. Oh and that other turd movie with that turd Charlie Sheen). Today Was A Good Day one of the best rap records ever.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Don't think I heard of nor saw Higher Learning. Boyz N the Hood was pretty awesome and Chris Tucker was funny in Friday (unlike the turd he just put out with Jackie Chan. Oh and that other turd movie with that turd Charlie Sheen). Today Was A Good Day one of the best rap records ever.
I strongly recommend you go out of your way to see Higher Learning - was directed by John Singleton; Omar Epps, Tyra Banks, Michael Rappaport, Kristy Swanson, Jennifer Connelly, Bussa Buss... surprised you haven't heard of it.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Confession: I still like Boyz n the Hood.

I still like most of Ice Cube's pre-Friday work, Friday included. I never saw Three Kings, though.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He also had a smaller part in a pretty good police corruption thriller called The Glass Shield (he played a wrongly incarcerated prisoner). You can catch it on cable from time to time. I also thought that Barber Shop wasn't too bad, though nothing spectacular.

Of course, he did appear in Anaconda, but there were a lot of "stars" in that film (Eric Stoltz, Jennifer Lopez, John Voight), so it's hard to blame its suckiness just on Ice Cube.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads