• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma and a tailor present: Snappy Answers to Stupid Clothing Questions!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I'm doing a study on dialysis patients right now. It involves blood. Most days I wear scrubs but what if I want to wear a shirt and tie and not get blood on me - would it be stylish to wear one of those plastic "aprons"? They're bright blue and I don't want to clash.

Don't be a dumbass Dougie, wear scrubs.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the answer to this formula: (x#)(item) = total satisfaction

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it ever okay for a man to wear pink socks?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Is it ever okay for a man to wear pink socks?

No, all that dandy coloured sock thing has got to go. If you have to dress like an accountant stop fighting it with small details asserting your individuality, no one is fooled and you look like a dork.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given the economic times, which is better to wear to an interview at a bank? A barrel? And if so- what is best to hold it up? Braces? Is leather "over the top"? DO I match my shoes with the barrel or the braces?

man-wearing-barrel.jpg

Or is a sandwich board preferred? Any logos or advertising on said board that will sink my interview?

Sandwich%20board%20man%20LL40.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can I wear my Nano in my breast pocket in lieu of a pocket square?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Given the economic times, which is better to wear to an interview at a bank? A barrel? And if so- what is best to hold it up? Braces? Is leather "over the top"? DO I match my shoes with the barrel or the braces?

man-wearing-barrel.jpg

Or is a sandwich board preferred? Any logos or advertising on said board that will sink my interview?

Sandwich%20board%20man%20LL40.jpg

Don't be stoops!! Navy sb suit + white shirt (no french cuff you sissy) + rep tie + black captoe oxfords. No PS, match your socks to your pants. Make sure the suit hides pee stains well.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Cuffs are an i-gent affectation, learn to wear your pants like a man. If you insist on wearing cuffs just follow some random golden rule that supposedly optimize your masculine appeal otherwise we'll all laugh at you.

Thanks you. But I'm afraid I wanted to be "king of the cuff" so I went to tiptop and picked up a matching fabric that my tailor turned into a cuff that went all the way up to my waist. I then had him remove the old pants making my new trousers all cuff.

Follow up, if I may ...

Should I market the All-Cuff trouser to Mr. Glennie or Signore Ambrosi?

lefty

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Were the TF threads for real or the work of a troll?

The work of a dumbass I assume? What would a small timer like you know about the glory of TF anyway? Corthay, who the ***** knows who that is!!!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Thanks you. But I'm afraid I wanted to be "king of the cuff" so I went to tiptop and picked up a matching fabric that my tailor turned into a cuff that went all the way up to my waist. I then had him remove the old pants making my new trousers all cuff.

Follow up, if I may ...

Should I market the All-Cuff trouser to Mr. Glennie or Signore Ambrosi?

lefty

Glennie is all about innovation like these. Ambrosi is Italian so he's probably already halfway there and doesn't need your help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads