• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Furniture Stores in/near Midtown NYC - Suggestions?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Onecollection is the licensed peice. If you seek an original you need one built by Arne Vodder at auction. Be prepared to write a very large check :)

Also, please explain the significance of Finn Juhl's furniture to your short friend next visit. His lack of understanding has outmatched my stamina.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You really just don't get it.

"Significance" is almost as repugnant as "coziness" in steering decor choices. I have no interest in recreating a furniture museum.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do you continue to reply to me? My response was not to you, you offer me nothing in the way of insight and conversing with you, at least via the Internet, is an agitation. You have no room in your appreciation beyond the very narrow spectrum of things that you like. If I could completely avoid having to include you in this, I would do it, and yet you continue to impose upon me every time I attempt to enjoy this thread or the others related to this topic.

Any respect I have had for you previously, has vanished, and I do not care to earn yours.

Last edited:

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo, on furniture/decor choices, do you steamroll/stonewall your wife the way you do with members of this forum? I've seen you write that you fortunately agree on style choices (or something like that), but I wonder if she just doesn't bother to have an opinion. Would be a sensible (but sad) move for her if you discuss these things with her the way you discuss them here.

And if you discuss them differently here, why not be more open minded here?

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is the 5%. If you google image Danish Modern, I don't like most of what comes up. I don't like Juhl's other chair, the Cheiftain or something like that.

Lots of Jetsons legs on cabinets. Don't like the jetsons legs.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chieftain is one of the others, but there are many. I'm definetly a fan of his peices such as the diplomat desk, model 45, 46 and 108 chairs and the 4600 sofa.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm being accused of having narrow, rigid taste by someone who only finds virtue in wooden Danish furniture. I cannot be the only one who sees the comedy in that.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm being accused of having narrow, rigid taste by someone who only finds virtue in wooden Danish furniture. I cannot be the only one who sees the comedy in that.

not narrow, but definitely rigid.

"only"?

Facts:
1) A is a subset of B.
2) Archetypal_yuppie likes A.
Foo conclusion:
3) Archetypal_yuppie only likes B.

Fail.

A = Juhl 45
B = Danish Modern genre

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about you.

God help this forum if it boils down to discussions between just Archetypal_Yuppie and SkinnyGoomba.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads