• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Engineered Garments Pathfinder jacket sz XS (fits S) - LOTS OF PICS

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note: Jacket is SOLD.

I have up for sale an Engineered Garments Pathfinder jacket. Color is Light Brown / British Khaki. Tagged size XS, but true to EG (generally) generous sizing, this piece fit similar to most other brands' size Small (please see measurements).

The Pathfinder is a light Spring/Summer jacket, yet should work layered a over sweater/hoodie in colder days. A favorite of many, a few pieces are made every year. Top notch construction, as to be expected with Engineered Garments. Lots of cool details as well. (please see photos below)

Item Condition:
nearly perfect, having been worn about 5 times. I bought this jacket last summer at Odin(NYC). It is a light jacket, so I thought it would be perfect for Texas winter(50-60 F). Didn't work out that way
musicboohoo[1].gif
; it was 80F everyday till early December, then I left the country for a month(and just came back). In the mean time I also bought a couple of other nice coats, so looking forward the Pathfinder won't get as nearly much wear as I'd like. I need money going to fund an upcoming pair of 5EP too.
smile.gif

Measurements:
Chest (underarm to underarm, laying flat): 20"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to sleeve cuff): 25"
Shoulder (seam to seam, on back): 17"
Length (bottom of collar to jacket hem, on back): 24"

Pricing:
The Pathfinder is back this year (at Ian andat Peasant). Other US stockists haven't worked out details yet, but it is likely the Pathfinder will NOT be available in this color, or in this size anywhere else. Retail ~ $300, I paid $250+ IIRC (also bought 2, 3 other things in that trip). I'm asking $180 shipped in the US. Will cost a bit more to ship international. I prefer Google Checkout, but PayPal is okay too.

Here are the photos. I tried to capture as much as I could, but honestly, it still doesn't compare to handling it in person. Also, pics were taken in somewhat of a hurry, so quality isn't exactly to VMan's standards, but I tried
smile.gif

Front
eg1-1.jpg

Back
eg2-1.jpg

Collar stitching
eg3-1.jpg

... flipped down
eg4.jpg

Chest pocket close-up
eg5-1.jpg

Side buckle(there's one on each side) to adjust for fit
eg5b.jpg

Ingenious double front pockets thingy (one on each side)
eg6-1.jpg

Sleeve details
eg7-1.jpg

Handsewn(I think) buttonholes for the MC folks
devil.gif

eg8.jpg

Talon zipper
eg9.jpg

Tag on inside pocket (1 of 2)
eg9b.jpg

Here are the WAYWT pic I took a while back and 2 outtakes. Taken using a cellphone, so quality isn't great
sfmh0.jpg

egm2.jpg

egm1.jpg

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Nice jacket. Is it canvas? It looks a little porous. I'm on the fence because I don't like the pewter snaps. Also, it is a reverse double zipper, right? Again, just nice.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks ^

Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Is it canvas? It looks a little porous.
I am fairly certain the fabric is a 65% poly 35% cotton Poplin blend. The reason I know this, aside from the fabric composition tag, is that I recently acquired a 60s US Navy Windbreaker that is made of an identical material, same texture, same weight, composition, only in a lighter shade.

And the fabric is definitely not porous. Quite waterproof actually, as far as I could tell.

Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Also, it is a reverse double zipper, right?
Yes, I just checked. Wouldn't know had you not asked.
blush.gif

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How wide is this at the waistband? And how tall/heavy are you in your pictures? Thanks!
smile.gif
Great looking jacket, and I'm not even normally an EG fan.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
How wide is this at the waistband?
19", measured with garment laying flat. Side buckles are there if you want a more fitted look.

Originally Posted by Asch
And how tall/heavy are you in your pictures?
5'7 - 140lbs

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket is sold. Thanks Styleforum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads