• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Breasted Blazer - Fit? Is it crap or good - Moving buttons on a jacket

gimpwiz

Reaction score
just some friendly advice that maybe you'll never see since you are not coming back to this thread, apparently. But i hope you do.

1) Good photos are really important to assess fit. I don't think you did yourself any favors by showing two photos from very different angles and one as a mirror selfie. The 'after' photo is taken pointing upwards from crotch height, making the jacket look shorter and boxier than it probably is.

2) if you post photos for feedback here, you'll get a range of opinions unless you knocked it out of the park or it is really not a very good fit. Usually if opinions are generally negative then there is at least a grain of truth in there somewhere. Maybe because the photos were bad (as they are here) but maybe there is more to it than "nobody here really understands, they're all old and conservative". I hope you don't run away from feedback like this IRL.

Post better pictures and I think you'll get more relevant opinions. I have some thoughts of my own but want to reserve judgment as I really can't tell what's going on.

Yep, as a person young enough to have grown up with the internet (does that qualify me as young enough to give advice?), I will always say: the internet requires a thick skin. People lie blatantly but also are brutally honest, both in ways you rarely see in person. Also people say things they would never say in real life, if they like keeping all their teeth. Thick skin. Post a fit, get criticism. This is okay. This is how we learn. It takes iterations and iterations to either rise above the criticism because you legitimately know better, or to integrate the institutional knowledge of many people (dozens, hundreds, thousands, or more) to the point where what you present is so impeccable that people almost never criticize. The latter has the danger of becoming part of the hivemind, of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads