• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Corthay Arca

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, my impulse shopping may be your gain. I have a pair of Arcas that I purchased at Bergdorf Goodman last week that I may let go if there is interest. Size 9.5, dark green, worn once. Manhattan and cash only please. Retail was $1100, but will accept less.

carl_paris

Reaction score
Great-looking shoe, shame about the Manhattan only policy.
inlove.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am only asking for cash in Manhattan because I have never sold anything online (if someone will give me a tutorial I'll be happy to change the policy).

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
online selling isn't too hard. Sign up for Paypal or Google Checkout.

Paypal charges you a fee for "accepting money" online but doesn't charge the buyer a fee for sending it. Google Checkout is free but fewer people use it yet - so go sign up!!)

Both are based on email addresses so you, seller, gives the buyer his email address, they go to paypal/google and choose to send "[email protected]" $50 or whatever .

When someone sends you the payment you can transfer it out of Paypal/Google and into your bank account. There is no charge to do this but it can take a couple of days for the payment to be verified.

I don't know about Google but Paypal has a feature that lets you create a USPS or UPS shipping label and pay for it through the site. It auto-fills in the seller's mailing address and you get a nice label right from your printer that you can tape onto the box and ship out.

Fraud protection is a nice feature too. Maybe have the seller pay you online for the shoes and then go delivery them in person - it's safer than carrying around $1100 in NYC!

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll check out paypal and maybe change the cash in Manhattan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics