• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Brand new pairs of C&J Weymouth(9.5UK) & Zegna Couture Monks 11D

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Selling the following two shoes as I am now a proponent of buying very snug fitting shoes and breaking them in and these two do not fit that bill. The C&J Weymouths need no introduction. These are brand new an unworn and I already added the taps on them. 9.5UK translates to a 10.5US. Will come with box and bags. The Zegna are from the couture line, which is their top line. They are either goodyear welted or blake, not sure but one of the experts on the forum can feel free to chime in. Also new and unworn. Beautiful soles with lots of slugging. Size 11D (length 12 3/4, width 4 1/2). Only have the shoes and if you can wait a few days, I will also have the shoe bag. No box. Prices included shipping and I am open to offers. Sorry for the crappy pics, the Weymouths look like they are scratched but that is just from the shoes rubbing against each other. Also, neither shoes have been polished so they are dull and have dust. I know, I know, I'm a great salesman. Weymouths $360, Zegna $275.

Sorry about the dirty rug, I need to crack the whip on Jeeves.

Picture626.jpg

Picture627.jpg

Picture628.jpg

Picture629.jpg

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
must... resist.... weymouths.....

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah, gave up and sent a pm.... too flush with ebay paypal cash to resist...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed - is the Zegna's 11D a US size ? Do they fit like a US 11?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Ed - is the Zegna's 11D a US size ? Do they fit like a US 11?

They have the size listed as 10EU 11US but I think unless you like them snug, they are more of a 10.5 than an 11. They are long but alot of that is the elongated toe. Also, I think they might be sold.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the Zegnas Ed! Not my size.
frown.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weymouths arrived yesterday. Condition was superb. Shipping was incredibly fast. Good deal all around.

Fit-wise, there's about a 3/8 inch gap between the laces (the V thing) - pretty close to graziano's 1/4 inch preference. I assume after some wear, the gap should shrink a little bit?

Last night, I was comparing it to my Polo double buckle monkstrap (the Chawner, I think) which some forumites have been arguing are 337 handgrades as well... It's damn near close in profile and from above, and the slight differences could be within manufacturing tolerances. Sole and heel treatment appears to be the same (except for an extra 3 nails in on of the shoes - I think the Polo). I think the Weymouth has slightly better leather, but that could just my imagination. Fit of the two appears to be the same.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore mine to a weddin on Sat with a navy suit. I had to see them in the sunlight to see how spectacular the color is. So, great pick up for you.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads