• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frye Boots

57JoeFoMoPar

Reaction score
Fryes are great boots. bought a pair about 6 years ago and they have held up well over the years. Plus they look cool when they get a bit scuffed up. I think I only paid about $115 for them in Sears

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sears? You got a pair of Frye boots at Sears? I think all our local Sears sells is Sorel.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Checked out the town shoes outlet... definitely didn't have the two pairs of frye's for $170. Had the Brando Engineers for $150 and the Brando Lace-ups for $200 with buy one get the second pair 25% off. Still tempting to get a pair, except the lace-ups are only in light brown, and i kind of want the ll bean katahdins too...

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. I could see the buy one get one being over, but the price going up is definitely very odd. All Fryes were marked down half off before the buy one get one.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Weird. I could see the buy one get one being over, but the price going up is definitely very odd. All Fryes were marked down half off before the buy one get one.

Well if you happen to notice them cheaper one day, do me a favour and let me know. I want a pair of Brando lace ups so bad, but at the $200 mark I'll probably get katahdins instead... Actually for $200 I probably would have bought them if I didn't know you got so much better of a deal haha.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How should these boots fit? I tried these on at the store. The 9 is a bit tight, slightly uncomfortable, but the 9.5 slips a little when I walk.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had something similar with the boots but with 9.5 and 10. I think the boots should fit like any other shoe. No pain and no slipping. So I guess you are between sizes. However, they may stretch slightly, but the best route, I think, would be to simply add some insoles to the 9.5s.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was quick. Thanks
smile.gif

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an 8 in Brando laceups but now (a couple years later) wish I had gotten an 8.5, my normal shoe size. I have come to disagree with a lot of the "size down" advice on shoes/boots on SF, but that might be because of my high instep.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Frye's around Toronto?

illumin8em

Reaction score
Just received a pair of Brando Engineers in size 10.5" I would say that these fit an 11". They are great looking, but i have to let them go, i need the money. They are in the "buy and sell" section.

obnavox3

Reaction score
I picked up the Frye Chukka Manny Oxford boots for cheap at the Zappos outlet. I sized one half size down and they look great to me.

shoes_iaec1131307.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of distressed Fulton lace ups... hopefully they aren't as chewed up as in the photos. They say they're each distressed by hand so we shall see... i think they're kinda cool regardless. I know that may change upon actually receiving them haha

http://www.thefryecompany.com/Produc...-87436BLK.aspx

And then i'm pretty sure they're the pair the model is wearing on the front of the men's section

http://www.thefryecompany.com/Men.aspx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads