1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Frye Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tigerx, May 15, 2007.

1. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

Just received a pair of Brando Engineers in size 10.5" I would say that these fit an 11". They are great looking, but i have to let them go, i need the money. They are in the "buy and sell" section.

2. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

I picked up the Frye Chukka Manny Oxford boots for cheap at the Zappos outlet. I sized one half size down and they look great to me.

[​IMG]

3. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

Frye boots look great but I've had durability issues with them.

4. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    I agree great boots, but not the most durable. I have had mine a year and some months, don't wear them daily and am looking at resoling the rubber heal wedge already.

5. splattered

splattered Senior member

I picked up a pair of distressed Fulton lace ups... hopefully they aren't as chewed up as in the photos. They say they're each distressed by hand so we shall see... i think they're kinda cool regardless. I know that may change upon actually receiving them haha

http://www.thefryecompany.com/Produc...-87436BLK.aspx

And then i'm pretty sure they're the pair the model is wearing on the front of the men's section

http://www.thefryecompany.com/Men.aspx

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^the promotion text to those distressed boots on Fryes site makes me want to shoot myself...

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

^^the promotion text to those distressed boots on Fryes site makes me want to shoot myself...

Haha actually i agree, i saw them on Zappos before i went and looked at them on Frye's site. Fucking ridiculous description but who cares. I can pretend i never read it if i keep them.

8. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

^ Did you get them? I'm really digging them, but would love a fit pick.

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

I ordered em yeah, I should have them Monday [​IMG]

10. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

I don't think I said this in this thread already, but I have been rather disappointed with the quality of my Brando Lace's. I got them 2 for $170 bucks or something like that, but they were not supposed to be seconds or anything, so I think I am justified. Unless, they were returned and instead of sending them back, the retailer just sent them to their outlet.

Anyhow, the eyelets are rough and jagged, to the point that about 10 wears in, the laces are almost ripped through. About half the eyelets on my brown and black pair are like this. And, the insole is not glued in very well. I have almost completely ripped it out, again in 10 wears. And I undo the laces very far down so I am not wrestling in and out of them.

My brown pair were somewhat distressed I suppose. They were not matched to each other very well. I had to spend quite a bit of time with black polish to darken one boot to match the other.

That is my vent.

11. splattered

splattered Senior member

I received them today.

They run a half size larger than normal, fyi.

The toe is slightly bulbous... they are made in mexico and it kind of shows.

When i handle them they look very similar to the Wolverine Montgomery except distressed... the leather seems the exact same type and quality. The soles feel like cheap wood.. in fact i can see some parts along the sole where it meets the leather where it looks like the stitching is making the wood splinter funky and the natural wood color shows where they didnt get painted. When i reached my hand inside a strip of velcro came out of the toe area? Weird. And part of the insole pulled away on top like it could come apart in layers... sort of strange.

The distressing isn't anywhere near as savage as shown in the pics which is good i suppose.

They aren't even half as comfortable to stand in as the Montgomerys were though = prob not a keeper. Esp considering they cost almost exactly the same.

12. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

^wanna post a couple of fit pics?

13. splattered

splattered Senior member

^wanna post a couple of fit pics?

Ahhh funny you ask today, i already got em packed up in the box and in the trunk of my car to send back today at lunch :/

14. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

15. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

16. APK

APK Senior member

The description says it fits TTS, but I've heard Frye's sizing can be all over the place. Anyone wanna chime in here?

17. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan Senior member

[​IMG]

nice, really like the brown ones - do we have to wait until spring to purchase them?

18. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

the other dude just posted the link for them

19. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan Senior member

the other dude just posted the link for them

yeah saw that - except they don't have my size [​IMG]

20. APK

APK Senior member

yeah saw that - except they don't have my size [​IMG]

Then why ask if you have to wait until spring to get them? Check endless.com. I saw these on there yesterday.