• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frye Boots

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS- I can get the boots linked to Zappos for the same price (have to get 2 pairs) in most sizes and in both black and brown.

***I assume they are the same- look the same.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just at a local store here- probably about 10 pairs between these and harness and Brando Lace. Brown and Black. I am in Edmonton Canada. I am a ways away from the shop. If there is interest, tell me your size and what boots you would be OK with. They have a tall harness, what look to be the same as the Zappos link, and the Brando Lace. I was last there Friday, so who knows if there are still any, but I do not see them being the most popular boot. Cost would be true shipping plus, IDK, $125? I guess it depends how many I can get for people. PM me.

So that is that before anybody gets too excited- I have also blown up the spot locally before I thought of getting them for people.

PS, there are no boxes and I guess what you may consider shop wear on some as they are on the "clearance" shelf.

bobmysterious

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to find the Brando Lace in black size 7. I've tried damn near everywhere online to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I've got them in the cognac and for anyone on the fence, they're fantastic boots.

bobmysterious

Reaction score
Yeah, tried that. They don't have any either, and don't have any in production currently. Sucks.

Spyre

Reaction score
The only place I've ever seen Frye boots in Toronto is at Get Outside on Queen st W at Spadina. They had a bunch of styles too.

I wanted to pick up some Brando's there a few months ago and they didn't have my size in stock.... so maybe check first?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I tend to wear a size 7.5-8 in dresh shoes (depending on brand), size 9 in Nikes & NB, and size 8 in Converse.
Do you think the 7.5 in Brando lace would work?

teeman1

Reaction score
the pair of boots i have from frye fit true to size for me

Thrifter

Reaction score
Stompers Boots is the best place to get em

They sent me a pair of Brando Engineers. Size down 1!

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine it true to size if not small. I have a pair of 10s that are not any too big and 9.5s that will wrk. I usually wear a 9.5 D in dress shoes (AE) and 10 in Nike.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobmysterious
Does anybody know where to find the Brando Lace in black size 7. I've tried damn near everywhere online to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I've got them in the cognac and for anyone on the fence, they're fantastic boots.
You might call the Zappos outlets in Las Vegas. They often have Fryes.

dyzfunctioned

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Just at a local store here- probably about 10 pairs between these and harness and Brando Lace. Brown and Black. I am in Edmonton Canada. I am a ways away from the shop. If there is interest, tell me your size and what boots you would be OK with. They have a tall harness, what look to be the same as the Zappos link, and the Brando Lace. I was last there Friday, so who knows if there are still any, but I do not see them being the most popular boot. Cost would be true shipping plus, IDK, $125? I guess it depends how many I can get for people. PM me. So that is that before anybody gets too excited- I have also blown up the spot locally before I thought of getting them for people. PS, there are no boxes and I guess what you may consider shop wear on some as they are on the "clearance" shelf.
I'm in Edmonton as well - what store has them for $125? EDIT: Re-read the post... they're $225 CAD? Is this at GravityPope?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they are 140 for two pairs (buy one get one on any clearance shoe). Town Shoes, South Edmonton Common. I see the confusion. I meant I could have got the same pair linked, for the same price as the Brando Lace I got and mentioned in the post above that one. If you are interested, get over there ASAP, as this was a full week ago now.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might just have to try the 8....everybody is out of 7s and 7.5s

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads