• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friend Zone..

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
+1

As long as the woman finds you physically attractive, being friends with her is not going to be a block to hooking up with her later -- or dating her more seriously -- provided that you exchange the occasional flirtatious repartee with women in your life, which should come automatically if you're attracted to them.

My experiences suggest that the notion of a forever-sealed-off "friend zone" is grossly exaggerated. I think that many men who blame a rejection on being prior friends with a woman have simply failed to attract her, physically or socially or whatever. Women, as much as men, can harbor secret growing desires for men in their lives who were originally seen as "just friends."

Well said. A "sexless" appearance isn't necessarily hard to change, either. Work out a little, different hairstyle, more fitted clothes.... Threads like this should focus more on appearance unless that clearly isn't part of the problem.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The inside counts too, guys.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
The inside counts too, guys.

different colour lining? i know its so in right now!

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is this thread still going if all the questions were already answered on page one?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I want a girl as a friend, but she wants to bang me, how can I get her into the friend zone without hurting her feelings?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Read this: Ladder Theory and don't end up being a cuddle *****.

lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can recognize this has gone on because Bob says " I'd like to **** Jane, but not as much as I want to **** Connie"
Nice.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Read this: Ladder Theory and don't end up being a cuddle *****.

I've made girls cuddle bitches of mine before. But then I end up caving and banging them.
frown.gif

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most girls-who-are-friends probably have boyfriends themselves. Of course, that's apparently foreign to everyone in this thread, because you all are just swimming in a sea of sexually available women.

Seriously, I want your lives.

Anyway, I got a girl's number recently, under the pretext that we would go out to clubs as friends. She already has a boyfriend, but it's worth it just so I don't have to go out by myself. Every few months or so when I try to go to a club (ie the kind that doesn't have a pool table,) I always look around and see everybody there with their friends and get depressed because I have no choice but to have to go everywhere by myself. I usually end up talking to nobody there- literally- except for the bartenders.

Now that I'm typing this out, it occurs that an important aspect to this story is that she started talking to me first. It's not like I hit on her and got instantly demoted. In any case, she's attractive, and undoubtedly has many attractive friends.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
Its not at that stage yet.. I've only known this ***** for like 2 weeks

Stop calling her a ***** for starters...
deadhorse-a.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are most of the SF members socially marsupialed?

I mean just asking and all...
sarcasm.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur

sarcasm.gif

Most people on the internet are socially marsupialed.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur

sarcasm.gif

Wait... was that directed at me?

I recently learned that guys I play pool with gave me the sobriquet "Buffalo Bob" after the character in Joe Dirt, in turn based on Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. So apparently my self-perception may not match up with consensus perception.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics