• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friend Zone..

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
uhoh.gif

Seriously, you guys have NO female platonic friends? Like, you're just such raging balls of manliness that you can't comprehend just chilling with a girl, having a beer, playing pool, watching TV, whatever, without wanting to jump them?

eh.gif

hey, if you like sitting around with women, go to it. the OP doenst seem to be intersted in that, he is asking about shifting from the friend zone to sexual partner territory.

I may be wrong, I don't believe that a hetrosexual guy in his twenties sits around with a reasonalby attractive, healthy woman in her twenties and doesn't want to **** her. I also believe that most men who do hang out with women do so because they hope to **** her one day.

me, I'm past that - I am old enough so I don't think about it as much as I used to, and I'm happily married. but I dont' hang out to much with women, either.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhoh.gif

Seriously, you guys have NO female platonic friends? Like, you're just such raging balls of manliness that you can't comprehend just chilling with a girl, having a beer, playing pool, watching TV, whatever, without wanting to jump them?

eh.gif

Actually, I was being ironic. I was saying expressly* what others seemed to think.

I agree somewhat with an above poster that there will most times be some sort of sexual attraction in a man/woman relation, but I can't see how that would be the only reason to keep them around.

I will say this candidly: There is more to women than their bodies.

Yes I'm daring

P.S.
FYI: There is also more to women than other womens bodies....

* http://www.zdnet.co.uk/talkback/0,10...064049o,00.htm

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worrying about the 'friend zone' (which is something of a BS concept anyway, to my mind) for one particular girl is rather different than flatly stating that you can't be friends with half the world's population.

I can't think of a single thing I do with my male friends that I can't with women - hell, I'd rather go to the titty bar with the girls, they're more fun. And if I wind up sleeping with one of them on a drunk night c'est la vie.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
uhoh.gif

eh.gif

i can really only stand having girl 'friends' if i have a girlfriend, otherwise i'm usually working my game.

I used to always get stuck in the 'friend' zone which really sucked, and it came down to always being there for a girl...you wind up being the person whose shoulder she cries on, and she doesnt want to "mess up" that relationship.

So just started to work around the idea that it was better to fail completely then wind up in the friendzone, and for me that works much better. I feel like i'm being tortured in the friend zone. When i have a GF i usually spend a good deal of my free time with her, so my girl 'friends' who are platonic usually dont have me around enough of the time to friend box me.

Whatever you do, dont cave when she starts talking about how people should act, that throws you right into the friend zone. For instance, if i girl is saying how nice it is to do this, or a man should do that....i immediately take the opposing side.

You didnt always fail when you think you did also, just as a reminder. I went to a party one night, this girl was feeling me, so i sat down and started talking to her. We meshed pretty well so i told her straight up, that i knew she wanted to take me home and do bad things to me.

She acted all offended, and told me she wasnt like that, and she made guys wait a year and all that crap.....then she asks my number.

She calls me up at 4am that night, i dont see the call til the next day, so i start breakin her chops that she IS that kinda girl, and she just made a 4am booty call. She yelled at me, and i hung up on her.

I called her up that night and said i would stop by for a movie if she was cool with that....i did, and we had some good....non platonic... fun.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
You didnt always fail when you think you did also, just as a reminder. I went to a party one night, this girl was feeling me, so i sat down and started talking to her. We meshed pretty well so i told her straight up, that i knew she wanted to take me home and do bad things to me.

She acted all offended, and told me she wasnt like that, and she made guys wait a year and all that crap.....then she asks my number.

She calls me up at 4am that night, i dont see the call til the next day, so i start breakin her chops that she IS that kinda girl, and she just made a 4am booty call. She yelled at me, and i hung up on her.

I called her up that night and said i would stop by for a movie if she was cool with that....i did, and we had some good....non platonic... fun.

This is key. When girls don't want you at all they will not invest in you by criticizing you. We've all been rejected before. Girls will ignore you when they don't like you, or try to get distance from you. Getting angry is a sign that the one they're angry at has some kind of hold over them.

Would you care if some ******** talked bad about you?

Think of an unattractive person as a loser in high school. No one would get their head hot if one of those kids tried to insult em. You simply don't care.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
i can really only stand having girl 'friends' if i have a girlfriend, otherwise i'm usually working my game.

I used to always get stuck in the 'friend' zone which really sucked, and it came down to always being there for a girl...you wind up being the person whose shoulder she cries on, and she doesnt want to "mess up" that relationship.

So just started to work around the idea that it was better to fail completely then wind up in the friendzone, and for me that works much better. I feel like i'm being tortured in the friend zone. When i have a GF i usually spend a good deal of my free time with her, so my girl 'friends' who are platonic usually dont have me around enough of the time to friend box me.

Whatever you do, dont cave when she starts talking about how people should act, that throws you right into the friend zone. For instance, if i girl is saying how nice it is to do this, or a man should do that....i immediately take the opposing side.

crackup[1].gif
thats a good one!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
So true.

Some other facts:

Love is a figment of a womans imagination
Peace is for losers
Truth=Money
Money=Truth
Boning>*******>Sleeping with>Recieving head>Making love
There are two types of women: No sorry there is only 1

lol look at him try!

free man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
No such thing.

Seriously.

(Obviously there are exceptions like co-workers, classmates friend-of-friends, friend's S.O. but still any kind of close heterosexual boy-girl friendship will have some sexual tension on one end or the other)

OP: Guess who's acting like a ***** in this situation? I'll give you a hint: It's not the girl.

I've got a group of friends, and this girl could be considered part of it. If I ******* up with her, it will just be really awkward with the rest of them. So I am being careful. And to the person who said I am the shy kid in the backround, thats not right - she knows who I am, we talk often. I just think that she's figuring me as more of a friend than anything more.

Cavalier

Reaction score
You have an Elise as a 2nd car and you're having trouble pulling this chick from your group of friend's? Is this some high rolling group of kids??

Jelly or Syrup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Just fuckin kiss her. When she isn't expecting it. She will either push you away and say "what the **** are you doing?"

just say:

trying to ****

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How has Conne not posted in this thread yet?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
How has Conne not posted in this thread yet?
It's impossible to be in the friend zone when no one considers you their friend.
frown.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by free man
I've got a group of friends, and this girl could be considered part of it. If I ******* up with her, it will just be really awkward with the rest of them. So I am being careful. And to the person who said I am the shy kid in the backround, thats not right - she knows who I am, we talk often. I just think that she's figuring me as more of a friend than anything more.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're too concerned about the outcome for this to work right....so move on and just be content with being friend boxed with this one.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
False, the value of female platonic friends is access to her friends.
So true. I used to work with this chick named Debbie... and sweet Debbie let me run through many of her friends (One was a stripper). Problem is though when your chick "Friend" develops feelings for you. When that happens she only wants you to be trying to **** her. Also try to avoid chicks from work unless they are in a relationship. Women with men are way more discreet then single chicks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads