• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friend Zone..

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hell yes there's value in platonic friends, you can never have too many friends.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i think his point is that there is not a lot of value in continuing to pursue girls that have been filed under friends...perservering with the pointless. Nail it or move on. I don't disagree with that. With reference to my date of a couple of hours ago...we can be 'friends'...but I am not going to be calling her again, and it is damn sure the last meal we have that I will be picking up the tab for. But if I see her in a bar, there will be kissed cheeks, and ideally introductions to her friends....

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This will reveal my neanderthal-ic tendencies once and for all, but I tell a woman pretty early in our "relationship" whether I want to bone her or not. I just say, "Um, just so you know, I want to bone you."

That pretty much sets the tone for whatever is to come down the road.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
+1 you asked for wisdom, here is mine - there is no value in female plotonic friends, it is just a waste of your time and effort. so you have nothing to lose. I wish that somebody had told me that when I was your age. try to nail every girl that you would like to and think that you have a chnace, and be polite to the others but don't invest any effort in them
So true. Some other facts: Love is a figment of a womans imagination Peace is for losers Truth=Money Money=Truth Boning>*******>Sleeping with>Recieving head>Making love There are two types of women: No sorry there is only 1

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep her around as a friend so you can meet her friends to **** them. This only works if she doesn't see you as an asexual "nice guy". Difference between guys and girls is the former will *********** with an "unattractive" personality and never talk to her again. The latter won't **** you if they hear about your "unattractiveness" from their friends. As soon as she describes you as some "nice guy" to her friends your chances of ******* one of them get lower and lower.

If you can't sabotage what's left of the relationship then let this girl be a memory of the past. You're only doing yourself a dirty when you choose to settle for less.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
i think his point is that there is not a lot of value in continuing to pursue girls that have been filed under friends...perservering with the pointless. Nail it or move on. I don't disagree with that. With reference to my date of a couple of hours ago...we can be 'friends'...but I am not going to be calling her again, and it is damn sure the last meal we have that I will be picking up the tab for. But if I see her in a bar, there will be kissed cheeks, and ideally introductions to her friends....

yeah, basically. my personal expereince is that I never really fucked anybody that a female friend introduced me to, even though I tried a lot. that may have to do with personal unatractiveness, it may have to do with the girl thinking "well why didn't you date him? why introduce him to me?" I don't know.

but I spent a lot of my twenties wasting my time on women I had no good chance of *******. and if there is any wisdom I cna give the younger generation, it would be not to.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, basically. my personal expereince is that I never really fucked anybody that a female friend introduced me to, even though I tried a lot. that may have to do with personal unatractiveness, it may have to do with the girl thinking "well why didn't you date him? why introduce him to me?" I don't know. but I spent a lot of my twenties wasting my time on women I had no good chance of *******. and if there is any wisdom I cna give the younger generation, it would be not to.
+1, THIS. When your friends recommend against a certain item you're likely to take their advice.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1

you asked for wisdom, here is mine - there is no value in female plotonic friends, it is just a waste of your time and effort. so you have nothing to lose. I wish that somebody had told me that when I was your age. try to nail every girl that you would like to and think that you have a chnace, and be polite to the others but don't invest any effort in them

False, the value of female platonic friends is access to her friends.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New fact:

There are only two reasons for having women. If she cant't cook there's but the one.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
False, the value of female platonic friends is access to her friends.

I've never had luck with that. have you?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Just fuckin put your junk in her.....

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
FIFY.

Thanks, Edina!

I just realized that I cannot see the word "junk" without thinking of "Dick in a box", which is, coincidentally, another good way to get out of the "Friend Zone"!
teacha.gif

Cavalier

Reaction score
I disagree, having hot platonic friends is key to holding it down like a playboy, especially if you have a nice place (i.e. a pool) to entertain. No bad can come of it if you understand the situation and enjoy it. Don't be dumb and give too much of yourself to your friend (time, dinner, unreciprocated gifts, traveling, event tickets, etc. etc.), but make a small investment like you would any other friendship! Chat when you're bored, pick up a lunch tab if you're loaded, etc. little things will go a long way. I can use attractive platonic friends to create jealousy amongst girls I want sex with. This assumes they don't know each other (different circles). Having a good looking, flirty platonic friend who you talk to/text on a regular basis/hang out with is an important tool. Ex. If some girl is flakey not making plans, when she asks what you're doing/did, you can allude to 'hanging out with my friend [girl's name]', the flirty texts and chatting will increase jealousy among girls you want sex with, etc. etc. etc. Seriously, it works well! Think big picture. You can also meet a new great friend! There's plenty of girls you can manipulate in to ********** out there, but a friend will always be there for you
smile.gif
..aww

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God, I love internet machismo.

Ballin' like Hugh Hefner, y'all! **** bitches!

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
New fact:

There are only two reasons for having women. If she cant't cook there's but the one.

uhoh.gif

Seriously, you guys have NO female platonic friends? Like, you're just such raging balls of manliness that you can't comprehend just chilling with a girl, having a beer, playing pool, watching TV, whatever, without wanting to jump them?

eh.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
uhoh.gif

Seriously, you guys have NO female platonic friends? Like, you're just such raging balls of manliness that you can't comprehend just chilling with a girl, having a beer, playing pool, watching TV, whatever, without wanting to jump them?

eh.gif

Only three. Two I wouldn't unless they were the last females on Earth. Three knows I'd hit, but she can't manipulate me into doing dumb trash for her cuzz I want to nail. Win win for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads