• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge: Jealousy

Who Elicits the Most Jealousy?

• CRDB

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Purpleabel

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • EFV

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • in stitches

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • smittycl

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Caustic Man

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Dave Gieringer

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Diplomatic Ties

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, Stitchy's outfit was awesome. I'm curious to see what he´d come up with as next challenge.

House of KYDOS

Reaction score
So, what is the next FC?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@EFV, it is an honor to share the podium with you!

I have been tossing around 3 ideas, how do these sound to you?

Also, due to the length that this poll was open, I think the next challenge should run until next weekend.

The first two are color combinations I have been wanting to try out, and the third is a creative rehashing of challenges of past.

Idea 1. Brown & Red: Fit must be MC, and be primarily consisted of browns and reds. I have done brown and red before, and really liked it, but also incorporated a fair amount of blue, so Id like to see how it would play with a lot of brown and red, and other colors only as accents.

Idea 2. Through & Through in Blue: Fit must be MC, and be basically monochrome blue. I have always liked monochrome, and I think blue is one of the easier colors to use for a single color fit. Rules would be that the suit/SC & pents must be primarily blue; shirt should be clearly blue, but can have white in it in the form of a check or stripe, but should come off as blue; getting a little more lax with the tie, there should be a very obvious and visible blue component, but does not have to be majority blue; and PS is really lax, and as long as there are visible hints of blue that will suffice.

I think that should provide enough level of difficulty to make it interesting, but also enough leeway that people can play and that fits wont be disastrous blobs of blue.

Now, the final idea is where is gets more fun.

Idea 3: STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS!

In honor of the recently concluded Winter Games, and because its been a while (I think), since we pitted countries against each other in a Friday Challenge, I though it might be fun to revisit this. But, I want to switch up the rules so that the US does not get crushed again, and also leave the opportunity for a winner even if they are the only representative of their country - this was impossible in previous itterations, as members were grouped by country and gained from a strong collective or aggregation of votes.

So, here is how I am thinking of doing it this time...

Any fit can be submitted. MC or SWD, no rules as to what the fit includes, and it can be from any time, yesterday or a century ago, as long as its you. However, it should what you consider your best fit ever, or one of your best. This is the Olympics, so bring your A-game.

As far nationality, you are eligible under your country of birth or residence, or anywhere that you currently hold a valid passport. So, along with your fit please include which country you are competing for.

After all fits are submitted, I will group all participants by country, with a different poll for each country. That collection of polls will run for two days. After they close, a new 2-day poll will go up with the winner from each country representing their flag, and the winner of that poll will bring home the gold for their country and be the STYLEFORVM CHAMPION OF ALL TIMEZZZZ (for this particular week), and be crowned the winner of the STYLEFORVM OLYMPICS FRIDAY CHALLENGE!!!!

Thoughts? Alternative ideas?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like #3, but it might be more straightforward to average the number of votes for each country. That way there's just one poal, and a standout solo entry can hold its own against numerous, but weaker, entries from another country.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m in for anything that isn’t boring and hasn’t been done to death. I like the idea of challenging people to use specific colors etc., but I do think it sometimes gets a bit old. Your last idea is a winner even though it has been done before. However, I would suggest some guidelines. This would give it to some focus.Perhaps the requirement could be to add something to your photograph that embodies your country of origin. Maybe you could stand next to your country’s flag, or add an interesting cultural item to your fit. The possibilities are wide open.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in for anything that isn’t boring and hasn’t been done to death. I like the idea of challenging people to use specific colors etc., but I do think it sometimes gets a bit old. Your last idea is a winner even though it has been done before. However, I would suggest some guidelines. This would give it to some focus.Perhaps the requirement could be to add something to your photograph that embodies your country of origin. Maybe you could stand next to your country’s flag, or add an interesting cultural item to your fit. The possibilities are wide open.

I'd agree on the nationality of the outfit. Wearing an English made suit if you're British or an American brand if you're a yank?

It might EFV a challenge for once!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, thats all great feedback, and much appreciated. But seeing as only me and @EFV won, its ultimately up to us.

:devil:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ware you at, @EFV?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m so over us, I’m not even looking at you.
Eat your heart out, babe.

gc.jpg

Reactions: IEG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads