• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE - A WATCH AND AN OUTFIT

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Outfit for dinner this eve.

Watch is the pride of my collection - bespoke Dornbluth & Sohn 99.10 Weltzeit Auf & Ab with custom white polished porcelain dial.

Cesare Attolini DB Sport Coat.

Vintage pocket square.

S&M covert trousers.

C&J double monks.

Watch and Outfit.jpg

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t really see @Newcomer ‘s pants but he’s wearing a Nautilus apparently… 😉

I just texted him, he's wearing Louis Vuitton leather sweatpants, so I guess his fit qualifies

BlueSteel

Reaction score

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Seems I cannot edit to add this, but here is a close-up of the dial of the watch I'm wearing in post #93 above:

Dornbluth 99.10 close.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Seems I cannot edit to add this, but here is a close-up of the dial of the watch I'm wearing in post #93 above:

View attachment 2071043
Very nice indeed !

A little reminder for all the contestants. As previously stated, i will only choose one picture for the voting thread, showing at the same time your watch and your outfit.

As there is a large number of participants, SF members may vote up to a maximum of 4 contestants.

It was a long time since we had a Friday Challenge, usually the winner organized the next Challenge (just saying)...

Entries deadline November 19.

Keep 'em coming !

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for the class to come in, had been thinking that there aren't enough pocket watches in this thread, and realized this might qualify. Bad photos, but it is what it is. The watch is London-made solid silver from late C18th or early C19th. It was left to me by my grandfather. Suit is Engineered Garments, burgundy turtleneck by Nanouniverse, shoes are Grenson.

waiting_watch.jpg

waiting_watch2.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I was waiting for the class to come in, had been thinking that there aren't enough pocket watches in this thread, and realized this might qualify. Bad photos, but it is what it is. The watch is London-made solid silver from late C18th or early C19th. It was left to me by my grandfather. Suit is Engineered Garments, burgundy turtleneck by Nanouniverse, shoes are Grenson.

View attachment 2071843

View attachment 2071845
I do love this entry. I also have a pocket watch coming from my grandfather that I recently had serviced, but I miss a chain.
Well done!
よろしくお願いします!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My style is very military inspired and historic use in aviation & military is the main reason why this is my favourite watch. It is unfortunately not the vintage version, but hopefully one day I will acquire last production year 16710 pepsi in nos condition.
IMG_5788.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads