• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday Challenge 20130713: Game Match

Who did it best?

• DonCologne

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Off My Rack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Betelgeuse

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Acute Style

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • holdfast

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • in stitches

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • archibaldleach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tirailleur1

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Butler

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • clarinetplayer

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeBanker

Reaction score
Does this count? :p Not ambitious to specially make a new outfit. Socks match suit pattern quite well, tie almost matches PS ;) Give it a try
Shoes Santoni
Socks Land's End
Suit PR Heritage
Shirt PR Heritage with a 170 Monti cloth
Tie Drake's
PS Roda

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this count? :p Not ambitious to specially make a new outfit. Socks match suit pattern quite well, tie almost matches PS ;) Give it a try
Per the instructions, the socks don't count unless it's a triple match. And no on the pocket square/tie. They are the same color, but the pocket square is polka dot and the tie is more of a neat geometric medallion i.e. not the same pattern. If you were wearing a polka dot tie, then yes.

zeBanker

Reaction score
Ok, then I wouldn't have such an outfit anytime though ;) How about short sleeve shirts for the next challenge :p

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sports coat, Shirt and Trouser have a herringbone pattern. At the 4th foto you can see that the best.

Sports coat: Raffaele Caruso old Cotton
Shirt: CT
Tie: Woods of shropshire
PS: Woods of shropshire
cufflinks: Paul Hewitt
Trouswer: Gardeur
Socks: Rohner
Shoes: Shoepassion

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sports coat, Shirt and Trouser have a herringbone pattern. At the 4th foto you can see that the best.

Sports coat: Raffaele Caruso old Cotton
Shirt: CT
Tie: Woods of shropshire
PS: Woods of shropshire
cufflinks: Paul Hewitt
Trouswer: Gardeur
Socks: Rohner
Shoes: Shoepassion

Triple herringbone. This is very well done. Good job, Don.

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Does this qualify? Windowpane sportcoat, and similar pattern on the shirt.

Off My Rack

Reaction score
Quote:
I find this to be an incredibly well-done entry to this challenge. I can understand how the shirt wouldn't qualify, but the coat and pants are clearly the same pattern - just different scales. No different than the triple herringbone. Am I alone in this thought?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don - nice choice with the herringbone. no hate, but that was probably the easiest, and hence most subtle and probably tasteful way to go. and yet, i never wold have thought of that.

I find this to be an incredibly well-done entry to this challenge. I can understand how the shirt wouldn't qualify, but the coat and pants are clearly the same pattern - just different scales. No different than the triple herringbone.Am I alone in this thought?

i dont think so. the pants are a glen plaid, the SC is a windowpane, and the shirt is a small check (tattersall?) i guess a tattersall check is essentially a very small windowpane, but i dont think one would generally say they are the same patten. all that aside, it was a very nicely executed combo.

i have decided on what i will do and im not sure it will work, but what the hell. gotta try it.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this qualify? Windowpane sportcoat, and similar pattern on the shirt.

I'm not crazy about it. I guess it will work.
I find this to be an incredibly well-done entry to this challenge. I can understand how the shirt wouldn't qualify, but the coat and pants are clearly the same pattern - just different scales. No different than the triple herringbone.Am I alone in this thought?
I think it was an excellent fit, but I don't think it fits the description of the challenge. I teach math for a living. I'm paid to be particular. A rectangle is not necessarily a square and it is most certainly not pentagon. I'm looking for a pair of squares and not just a pair of quadrilaterals.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads