• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 08/02/13 - Wear a hat without looking like a fool.

Who pulled it off better?

• Holdfast

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Victor Elfo

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • RDiaz

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • TTO

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • adagio

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • HansderHund

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Caustic Man

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • emptym

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • OTM

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • PTWilliams

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Hampton

• in stitches

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Greggy500

• Thin White Duke

• TactileOne

• Mr. Claymore

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Tirailleur1

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • jcmeyer

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Kai

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone is going with straw hats so I decided to go another route.

Now that I'm learning to love hats I start to appreciate that nice collection sitting behind you - you have the swag to pull them all off. Thinking of getting something like the one on the far left for an incoming trip to Naples in October. I bet that brim will come in handy when climbing the vesuvius...

Is it unconfortable in any way to wear a hat with such a wide brim?

By the way, nice slippers
smile.gif

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Now that I'm learning to love hats I start to appreciate that nice collection sitting behind you - you have the swag to pull them all off. Thinking of getting something like the one on the far left for an incoming trip to Naples in October. I bet that brim will come in handy when climbing the vesuvius... Is it unconfortable in any way to wear a hat with such a wide brim? By the way, nice slippers
smile.gif
Thanks RDiaz. I have always been a wide brim guy so they have never been uncomfortable for me

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Welcome to another FRIDAY CHALLENGE! This week, should you accept this challenge, you're going to wear a hat/cap, risking yourself to look like a fool. Now to the rules: (1) only new photographs; (2) you must be wearing a headwear (hat or cap) on your entry; (3) the rest of the outfit should be within the realm of classic menswear; (4) all entries should be posted by midnight BRT on friday (UTC -3 hours); (5) one entry by member; (6) multiple votes are going to be allowed. Bellow, a photograph to illustrate how to wear a hat without looking like a fool. A good challenge to all of you!
When does the poll go up, VE?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First, I'd like to thank every single one of you for your participation. Now it's time to judge! The pool is going to be open until midnight GMT on Sunday.

P.T. Williams, a man in his element. Way to go, Paul! You are the best by far.

Last edited:

PTWilliams

Reaction score
They were all great guys
Hmm, perhaps I should have gone with one of my other options, but even then, I don't think I could pull ahead of KDiaz. and others.
This was fun.

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Señor Diaz wins this one. Not only for the tastefully restrained elegance of his outfit, but also for the relaxed pose and the beautiful surroundings. Chapeau!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was a fun challenge. congrats to diaz! a well deserved win.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several great attempts, gentlemen. I'm inspired to go hat shopping at some point. RDiaz's effort was just out of this world for me, though.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Señor Diaz wins this one. Not only for the tastefully restrained elegance of his outfit, but also for the relaxed pose and the beautiful surroundings. Chapeau!

I agree, RDiaz killed it, but the idea that someone's outfit is judged better because of the surroundings, picture quality, pose, or whatever, has always confused me. I suppose there is no getting away from it completely, especially when a picture is so bad that you can't see what it is clearly, but is this a photography contest, or a CM contest?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The photo can't make up for a crappy outfit, but it can certainly accentuate a good one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads