• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Fries: How Do You Like 'Em?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Montreal represent!

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will die from heart disease before you die from the carcinogens from fried foods. The way I see it, a heart attack is a much less painful way to go than cancer.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
poutine.jpg

what is that place called? canada drive in? best ever.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skin on sliced thick, or thin as shreds and fried to a crisp. Always with the skin on.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
That and once I heard an italian cook saying "there's no fried food in Mediterranean cuisine" and being Mediterranean it was heart-warming. I absolutely hate fried food.

You are not a very good Mediterranean, there is lots of fried food.

K

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like them in my stomach

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
You are not a very good Mediterranean, there is lots of fried food.

K

Perhaps but it is pan fried (in olive oil) vs deep fried (in mazola &/or canola)...

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
either a dutch special, mayo, ketchup and chopped raw onions or
the local "patatje oorlog" translation "french fries at war" which is mayo, curry, satesaus and again the chopped raw onions..

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Disco fries (cheese and gravy) are also a nice little diversion from the ordinary.
You are so Jersey I love it (me being a jersey boy myself). Sometimes reading your posts in this section bring me back to high school.
Originally Posted by Hellbound
Chicago Cheese fries of course.
What the ****? You assholes from Chicago love to ruin everything and then call it your own. Like ******* up pizza wasnt enough turning it into some disgusting casserole. ****.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Aside from beef, potatoes are my favorite food.

I like french fries just about any way to be honest.

But when I've made them myself I find they taste best with a light dusting of Lawry's seasoning salt.

Au Jus + French Fries is delicious, as is white or brown gravy IMO.

I do ketchup occasionally, but only if the other things i've mentioned are not available.

Also, unless I am in my car I eat fries with a fork. My dad for whatever reason really had something stuck in his craw with regards to eating any food, particularly french fries without cutlery and on numerous occasions cuffed my ear at family dinners/steak and ale brunches upon me forgetting said hatred.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads