• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they can drive around forever behind the safety car without any problems that means they can race. They just have to respect the conditions. You don't see a bunch of drivers flying off the track when they are lapping behind the safety car, so why should it be any different?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If they can drive around forever behind the safety car without any problems that means they can race. They just have to respect the conditions. You don't see a bunch of drivers flying off the track when they are lapping behind the safety car, so why should it be any different?

Well in fairness, it's not approaching the limit.

And frankly, who cares if they fly off? They're well paid, and so I suppose in millennial world that means you don't take any risk and hide behind the skirts of safety at the hint of danger?

What happened to Bianchi is what happens when you race cars. Unless you accept that occasional eventuality then you might as well run the entire race behind the safety car.

There's prevention, and there's the show. In the 80s a guy would break down and park the car on the side of the track (out of the way), and there it would stay until the end. No real risk. Now? ****, we on the border of having to red flag the race to move the car.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Radio ban has been completely lifted with the exception of the formation lap and race start. Looks like everything is free game now after that.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Radio ban has been completely lifted with the exception of the formation lap and race start. Looks like everything is free game now after that.

Back to robot drivers.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At least there's unrestricted to access to all radio messages at all times and we can hear who really gets the most coaching.

We already know... Rosberg.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. All the commentators are saying that he didn't deserve the penalty, but to me it looked like if Rosberg put himself in the position of having to force Verstappen off the track. He didn't do it on purpose like in Austria, but the outcome was he still did.

Too bad Hamilton has to take more penalties in upcoming races, otherwise he would be in a good position for the Championship already.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hope you guys like the return of the radio. Nice seeing everyone driving around managing gaps and being coached on what lap times they need.

I think everyone forgets why the radio ban was put in place to begin with. Happy now? Lovely return to robot racing. From Brundle neigh a hint of "great having that radio back", so I guess careful what you ask for Martin.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78