• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Floating an idea - Styleforum and other SF Streetwear/Denim party on the East Coast

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you guys be interested? Maybe at the DenimBar? Maybe to coincide with fall releases? We have a lot of members on this coast. And the DC area is pretty easy to fly to.

I'll make it a poll. Possibly with some designers there as well. We'd have to see.

Anyway, just want to gauge interest.

Fok.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Posted on SuFu--that'd be awesome, though for me it would be an iffy thing if it was DC (funds), and much closer to certain if it was NYC. And pretty much 100% if it was Philly, obv. But I think NYC seems like the most obvious place. Just a matter of finding a place big enough to host it, since BiG is pretty small.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably be in DC this summer. If it's held between June and end of August, count me in.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Vote now. Just finished the poll. You guys are fast. Do some work.

Voted. It's winter break man, I've got nothing to do but sit on my arse and watch TV.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Voted. I am shirking my responsibilities, and getting paid for it.

If it's held in DC in the summer, we're all going to be wearing jeans, sneakers, and as little else as possible without being arrested. **** is HOT as a motherfuck.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for it, but this is kind of a bad year for me. I'll probably be up for the next one.

Reaction score
i'd go. even if it was a seperate affair from sufu---i like the idea of a fall thing. the closer to philly (and nyc) the better. i could swing DC though prolly...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of NYC as well. It is close, and there is large segment of the SF Streetwear/Denim community there. However, can anyone think of a suitable venue that could hold up to 100 people? Also, I am not sure about liquor licenses, etc... in NYC. I would ask Gordon at BIG about the idea, but I think that Mizanation has already said that he has floated the idea, and the answer was the BIG was too small.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd attend, if only to prove that while ladies love their denim, they prefer their guys in suits and Edward Greens.
tounge.gif

Obviously I'm biased, but I think that DC is a good choice because (1) Denim Bar is a StyleForum affiliate, (2) DC is compact and easy to navigate, and (3) lodging and transportation into the city are relatively inexpensive.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Boston's harder/more expensive to get to than DC for most of us who aren't in NE, I think. NYC is perfect, space is the only real issue. Philly is convenient for the NYC members as well, but has a smaller local scene (what, DDML, myself, poly800rock... anyone else in Streetwear?), which might also be a consideration.

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Much as I'd like to go visit Denim Bar, couldn't really swing airplane fare and whatnot in my current situation.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were in DC, I'd really have no excuse not to go.

I certainly understand that NY has more collateral shopping possibilities, and probably a deeper SuFu presence. Harder trip for me, mostly because my gf would have NO interest in going to a meetup, and would be emphatically not OK with me going on a NY shopping trip without her. Is there a whipped smiley?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads