• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted cotton polos?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
"Bendy" collar? Are the LE canvas ones more rigid?

The LE one isn't as rigid as the H&M, but it has a decent roll (for a polo), although it does tend to lay flat after a few hours. Still, it's wider and doesn't bend or crease as much as the H&M collars.

By the way, I just found out that the mesh polos fit the same, but are 1/2" longer in the arms and overall length.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
Those look really very nice, any idea how much they charge?

No idea, but they look amazing. One day...

Originally Posted by acecow
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.

I haven't ordered LEC's polos before, but their t-shirts fit very nicely. They're trimmer in the chest and longer in the body. I am 6'1" and ~150 lbs and I buy a size small.

stylenooob

Reaction score
Strangely, they don't have all the colors anymore, but I really enjoy LE Canvas Polo shirts. I'm a size 36/38 in jackets and I bought their size S.
Dam, that's cheap. I might have to try it. I'm usually a 41 jacket size, give or take, so I'm guessing that I'd need to go one size up to a medium.

kraands

Reaction score
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry

x2

Although, I throw all my H&M shirts in the dryer. Their size S is a little too small for me and their size M is slightly too big so I buy mediums and shrink them in the dryer.

Their shirts aren't the best quality by any means but for the fit and price you can't really go wrong.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
Do you know how these compar to their normal Pima polo shirts? Like these:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/ShortSlee...a&origin=index

Yeah, those are baggier than the Canvas ones. Also, I believe, of slightly inferior quality.

Originally Posted by stylenooob
Dam, that's cheap. I might have to try it. I'm usually a 41 jacket size, give or take, so I'm guessing that I'd need to go one size up to a medium.

Definitely a Medium. Look for codes floating around. Right now it's $10 off $50+ and free shipping. Before it was 30% off and free shipping. So they are even cheaper. And you can always return them to the store and lose nothing. Or exchange them for a different size free of extra charge.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fit picture. Sorry for the quality.
p6rwD.jpg

Thanks for the rec, just bought a couple white mediums based on your recommendation.

stylenooob

Reaction score
Definitely a Medium. Look for codes floating around. Right now it's $10 off $50+ and free shipping. Before it was 30% off and free shipping. So they are even cheaper. And you can always return them to the store and lose nothing. Or exchange them for a different size free of extra charge.
Thanks -- although if the polos are only 9.99 a pop then I don't know that I want to buy enough stuff to get me to $50.

Do they shrink much? I bet a medium will fit me out of the box (6'0", 185lbs athletic build), but if it shrinks much it might not work.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the link to my new slim fit polos. I started making them because I wasn't satisfied with what I was buying.
H&M polos are very decent too. The trick is not to put them in the dryer so that they don't shrink. Cold wash and hang dry
I own about six of their polos. They definitely shrink a lot if you put them in the dryer, but even if you cold wash and hang dry they shrink a noticeable amount. The cotton pique I use is much higher quality and hasn't shrank at all after several wash cycles. I think the H&M ones also have a messy collar, an issue which I have addressed with mine.
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
I second the J. Crew rec. I love their jaspe ones. The regular ones are good for unbranded good fitting polos.
I have a J. Crew and the fit is rather boxy. Better than some other mall brands perhaps, but certainly not as slim as H&M or my polos.

madhatter349

Reaction score
I actually just bought about 10 polo's from Landsend Canvas for 7.50 each, the problem is I have yet to find a size that fits. I wear a large in Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, but the large and the X-large of LE Canvas fit very awkwardly. I'm thinking of trying to size down to a medium and if that fails I think I'm going to have to give up on these 7.50 polo's.

AE7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Thanks everyone for the link to my new slim fit polos. I started making them because I wasn't satisfied with what I was buying.

I own about six of their polos. They definitely shrink a lot if you put them in the dryer, but even if you cold wash and hang dry they shrink a noticeable amount. The cotton pique I use is much higher quality and hasn't shrank at all after several wash cycles.

I think the H&M ones also have a messy collar, an issue which I have addressed with mine.

I have a J. Crew and the fit is rather boxy. Better than some other mall brands perhaps, but certainly not as slim as H&M or my polos.

Because all my pique shirts were of questionable quality and felt really light and cheapy after some wear, I know prefer jersey ones. Do you know why is pique is more widely used for polos?The only nice pique I had was from Jack Willies, UK brand, the material was very thick and substantial.
HM is a waist of money for 99% of their stuff - cheap Chinese cotton ruins every product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads