• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitted cotton polos?

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madhatter349
I actually just bought about 10 polo's from Landsend Canvas for 7.50 each, the problem is I have yet to find a size that fits. I wear a large in Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, but the large and the X-large of LE Canvas fit very awkwardly. I'm thinking of trying to size down to a medium and if that fails I think I'm going to have to give up on these 7.50 polo's.

Maybe you shouldn't buy slim fitting polos...just saying.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madhatter349
I actually just bought about 10 polo's from Landsend Canvas for 7.50 each, the problem is I have yet to find a size that fits. I wear a large in Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers, but the large and the X-large of LE Canvas fit very awkwardly. I'm thinking of trying to size down to a medium and if that fails I think I'm going to have to give up on these 7.50 polo's.

Maybe you should have made sure that the sizing was correct before ordering 10 of them.
teacha.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Black Fleece is not a favorite brand on here, I I quite like their Polos and casual shirts. Great materials, MOP buttons, and colors that pop.

I also have a few of the BB polos. I am usually a large, but found even the large in slim fit too be too baggy. I was pleasntly surprised when I tried on the Medium and it fit perfectly (except a little tight around the arms, but that can stretch). My biggest complaint is the logos.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AE7
Do you know why is pique is more widely used for polos?

Isn't pique more breathable due to the loose weave? If so, I think that is the answer.

Originally Posted by Patek
My biggest complaint is the [BB] logos.

I agree, their logo is ugly. But I do wonder whether the rest of the world respects the logo and would recognize it as a mark of quality.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent

I agree, their logo is ugly. But I do wonder whether the rest of the world respects the logo and would recognize it as a mark of quality.

At least the BF polos do not have the logo. They do, however, have a BF sewn-in tag at the bottom which can be removed or tucked in.

scourage

Reaction score
Bonobos makes some good polos. I bought one this fall after it went on sale for something like 25$. returned cause i decided the color didn't work, but the fit was really good. slim with decent length and material felt nice

amdovers

Reaction score
try Burlington Black Label. They are made in Germany and quite expensive. Try them before you buy, they are for slim people.

AE7

Reaction score
Isn't pique more breathable due to the loose weave? If so, I think that is the answer.

Yes, but most of the TShirts, some long sleeved polos and rugbies are not made from pique. Its usually cotton jersey.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No. people think it's a bug, a bear, a pig, and every animal in the world before they realize it's a sheep. Delvecchio wanted to bring back Brooks brothers to it's roots as a maker of high quality clothing that everyone respected a long time ago, however the people who bought brooks brothers long ago when it was the gold standard in Men's OTR clothing in America, are dead, old and fat, and otherwise not anyone's target market but nursing homes and funeral services.

To the general public the golden fleece holds absolutely no meaning and is not recognized at all. Similarly I think they should have cut the peal and co brand. peal and co holds little value as a brand whereas if they were to brand the shoes C&J for BB, the C&J brand is recognizable even to people not on this forum

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amdovers
Burlington Black Label will hug you. Try them.

Any kind of link/where can we find them? A quick Google was no help.

Those Polosohpy ones in the 2nd post look by far the nicest I have seen. Too bad they don't do RTW, it looks like just bespoke so I'd bet those are $300+ ea
frown.gif

madhatter349

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Maybe you should have made sure that the sizing was correct before ordering 10 of them.
teacha.gif

They have a great return policy, free returns to your local sears stores.

amdovers

Reaction score

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Banana Republic Luxe Touch solid polos. Very nice, soft fabric. I wish they were a half inch to an inch longer, but whatever. The key is to size down one form what you think you'd normally take. I am usually a medium and the small fits very well. I also really like some of their two-pocket polos, as they are a bit longer, just not quite as soft. I've bought almost a dozen in various styles from them this year and when you can get 25-35% off (which they offer VERY frequently), the price isn't bad either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads