• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding Bigfoot

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This thread, which has been so enjoyable, seems to have burnt itself out. I hope my long post wasn't the cause.

Not at all. This thread had tons of legs. We're on the verge of proving its real. I hear that they find some pretty compelling stuff on the next episode of Finding Bigfoot, takes place in Michigan. And that camper vid above? Its incredible.

Heard an interview earlier with that Doc in TX, Ketchum which claims the DNA study is accurate.

She says that she was forced to submit the press release because some Russian scientists she was working with that provided her samples started promoting the results of the study.

She said that she was forced to pre-announce because of this.

The research has taken 5 years. Primarily hair samples.

She also said she had 109 sampled in total and that she fell into this because of a show called "Destination Truth" that came to her 5 years ago with a Yeti hair sample taken from S Asia. Once the show aired, she started receiving samples from everywhere and it ballooned to 109.

She said she has found that the female part of the DNA was modern human and the male piece was an undermined species. She said this accounts for many misidentifications of the DNA. Its statistically impossible to have all these samples prove contaminated. She says the crossing of species happened about 15k years ago.

The strangest admission is that she says someone came forward that claimed that they had actual relationships with the BF akin to Jane Goodhall. She said they are called 'habituators' and she said they took her out and she saw them. Also that the people who took her were very secretive and protecting the BF.

She also said she sent samples out to dozens of accredited labs and all came back with the same result and that the paper will be published within weeks.

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not at all. This thread had tons of legs. We're on the verge of proving its real. I hear that they find some pretty compelling stuff on the next episode of Finding Bigfoot, takes place in Michigan. And that camper vid above? Its incredible.
Heard an interview earlier with that Doc in TX, Ketchum which claims the DNA study is accurate.
She says that she was forced to submit the press release because some Russian scientists she was working with that provided her samples started promoting the results of the study.
She said that she was forced to pre-announce because of this.
The research has taken 5 years. Primarily hair samples.
She also said she had 109 sampled in total and that she fell into this because of a show called "Destination Truth" that came to her 5 years ago with a Yeti hair sample taken from S Asia. Once the show aired, she started receiving samples from everywhere and it ballooned to 109.
She said she has found that the female part of the DNA was modern human and the male piece was an undermined species. She said this accounts for many misidentifications of the DNA. Its statistically impossible to have all these samples prove contaminated. She says the crossing of species happened about 15k years ago.
The strangest admission is that she says someone came forward that claimed that they had actual relationships with the BF akin to Jane Goodhall. She said they are called 'habituators' and she said they took her out and she saw them. Also that the people who took her were very secretive and protecting the BF.
She also said she sent samples out to dozens of accredited labs and all came back with the same result and that the paper will be published within weeks.

Is this the sme scientist that claimed that human DNA and BF DNA were same/similiar? I heard that she refuses to have anyone go over her results and thus its not that credible.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is this the sme scientist that claimed that human DNA and BF DNA were same/similiar? I heard that she refuses to have anyone go over her results and thus its not that credible.

Its in peer review right now. She can't show it because of that reason. She was forced to pre-announce.

The evidence is also being re-tested at Oxford Univ.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forward to 7 mins, what do you guys think?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Size of which trees?

Check this out:

'Red Deer Cave people' may be new species of human

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/mar/14/red-deer-cave-people-species-human

The partial skulls and other bone fragments, which are from at least four individuals and are between 14,300 and 11,500 years old, have an extraordinary mix of primitive and modern anatomical features that stunned the researchers who found them.

"Second, the very fact they persisted until almost 11,000 years ago, when we know that very modern looking people lived at the same time immediately to the east and south, suggests they must have been isolated from them. We might infer from this isolation that they either didn't interbreed or did so in a limited way."

"The discovery of the Red Deer Cave people shows just how complicated and interesting human evolutionary history was in Asia right at the end of the ice age. We had multiple populations living in the area, probably representing different evolutionary lines: the Red Deer Cave people on the East Asian continent, **** floresiensis, or the 'Hobbit', on the island of Flores in Indonesia, and modern humans widely dispersed from northeast Asia to Australia. This paints an amazing picture of diversity, one we had no clue about until this last decade," Curnoe said.

Link to the journal paper: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0031918

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the alluring Dr. Melba Ketchum have quite a few skeptics and critics within the BF community? I rather get that sense.

If there are people who have befriended BFs, why don't they get some good, clear, indisputable photos of their big, hairy buddies? Such photos would be invaluable in establishing the existence of BFs and facilitating legal protection for these remarkable creatures. I have heard stories of BFs accepting handouts of candy, etc., at isolated cabins. Given the fact that the vast majority of BF encounters are non-violent, you'd think the BFs might become emboldened, sort of like park bears.

The skulls and some of the reconstructions of the "Red Deer People" look pretty "modern" to me.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can't believe some of you idiots still aren't believing in Bigfoot.

Quote for eventual turnaround being fair play.

Doesn't the alluring Dr. Melba Ketchum have quite a few skeptics and critics within the BF community? I rather get that sense.

Frankly, I need go do some xmas shopping or something. I've rather become obsessed with this recently. I must admit though, I'm fascinated by the fact that we may be at the cusp of indisputable proof of an amazing new reality.

I've kind of got the lay of the land around this 'bigfoot community' now. There are some ******* fruitballs out there, whoa mamma. With what I have learned thru these various bloggers and other outlets, it appears these 'stars in the community' like the Moneymaker dude that's on that FBft show appear pretty pissed they are not tied to the study nor are going to be the ones to provide the proof and have their names go down in history as a Jane Goodhall type. Plus, his show becomes rather moot now.

It looks like there are quite a few people that are uncomfortable with the idea that real scientists are about to take over their turf and that makes people act out. And people are starting to consider what the govt is going to do, stuff like that.

Another interesting thing I have learned is that there is a billionaire funding most of this named Wally Hersom, which explains some of the complex and expensive genome sequencing that has been claimed.

If there are people who have befriended BFs, why don't they get some good, clear, indisputable photos of their big, hairy buddies? Such photos would be invaluable in establishing the existence of BFs and facilitating legal protection for these remarkable creatures. I have heard stories of BFs accepting handouts of candy, etc., at isolated cabins. Given the fact that the vast majority of BF encounters are non-violent, you'd think the BFs might become emboldened, sort of like park bears.
The skulls and some of the reconstructions of the "Red Deer People" look pretty "modern" to me.

Interesting thing. This Hersom guy is claimed to have purchased the rights to HD and many videos that are not out there yet. The claim in this BF community is that they are planning a comprehensive release, IE, yo here is the DNA and here is the HD video showing what it looks like.

I think these people they call 'habituators' are pretty full of ****. There may be 1 or 2 real ones out there that have real relationships, who knows. Sounds like a bullshit in general, though.

Who knows about being emboldened. The evidence seems to indicate they are very shy and want to remain hidden.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey but like I thought that mice and hedgehogs and **** destroyed corpses so fast it was statistically impossible to ever find one :puzzled:

It took those motherfuckers in China 14,000 years to find that **** :satisfied:

Last edited:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forward to 7 mins, what do you guys think?
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Regarding the video, the BFs were sure aggressive for such supposedly shy and elusive critters. Lucky for them the bearded weirdo wasn't packing a .338 or .375. That in all probability would have ended the mystery right then and there...if he's telling the truth. Interesting how when the BFs were throwing logs and rocks at him, he only photographed them rolling downhill. Y'don't suppose it's just possible that he rolled them downhill himself, do you?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Regarding the video, the BFs were sure aggressive for such supposedly shy and elusive critters. Lucky for them the bearded weirdo wasn't packing a .338 or .375. That in all probability would have ended the mystery right then and there...if he's telling the truth. Interesting how when the BFs were throwing logs and rocks at him, he only photographed them rolling downhill. Y'don't suppose it's just possible that he rolled them downhill himself, do you?

If someone home invaded you, you'd push them out. His claim is interesting, though. They don't engage him directly. They use intimidation tactics and push him out of their area. Who knows about the **** rolling. But yo, that BF begind the rock looks pretty amazing, and for all the complaints on this thread of grainy images you cant see anything with, I dont hear any detraction of the clip at 7:00. That looks pretty real.

This vid from Minnesota is pretty interesting. Apparently these guys found a 3 1/2 MILE long set of BF prints in the snow and they determined all kinds of travel patterns such as using logs, etc. Apparently its pretty aware of its footprints and what its leaving behind.

The guy who breaks it down actually does a pretty good job. 3 1/2 miles, wow. If that's real its amazing.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads