Finding Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Not at all. This thread had tons of legs. We're on the verge of proving its real. I hear that they find some pretty compelling stuff on the next episode of Finding Bigfoot, takes place in Michigan. And that camper vid above? Its incredible.

Heard an interview earlier with that Doc in TX, Ketchum which claims the DNA study is accurate.

She says that she was forced to submit the press release because some Russian scientists she was working with that provided her samples started promoting the results of the study.

She said that she was forced to pre-announce because of this.

The research has taken 5 years. Primarily hair samples.

She also said she had 109 sampled in total and that she fell into this because of a show called "Destination Truth" that came to her 5 years ago with a Yeti hair sample taken from S Asia. Once the show aired, she started receiving samples from everywhere and it ballooned to 109.

She said she has found that the female part of the DNA was modern human and the male piece was an undermined species. She said this accounts for many misidentifications of the DNA. Its statistically impossible to have all these samples prove contaminated. She says the crossing of species happened about 15k years ago.

The strangest admission is that she says someone came forward that claimed that they had actual relationships with the BF akin to Jane Goodhall. She said they are called 'habituators' and she said they took her out and she saw them. Also that the people who took her were very secretive and protecting the BF.

She also said she sent samples out to dozens of accredited labs and all came back with the same result and that the paper will be published within weeks.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Is this the sme scientist that claimed that human DNA and BF DNA were same/similiar? I heard that she refuses to have anyone go over her results and thus its not that credible.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Its in peer review right now. She can't show it because of that reason. She was forced to pre-announce.

The evidence is also being re-tested at Oxford Univ.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Forward to 7 mins, what do you guys think?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Sweet!

6. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

If I was him and got found out I would started shooting. Here's my proof!!!

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Look at the size of the trees. That's not even "backcountry"

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

^^ Size of which trees?

Check this out:

'Red Deer Cave people' may be new species of human

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/mar/14/red-deer-cave-people-species-human

Link to the journal paper: http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0031918

9. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

I can't believe some of you idiots still aren't believing in Bigfoot.

10. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Doesn't the alluring Dr. Melba Ketchum have quite a few skeptics and critics within the BF community? I rather get that sense.

If there are people who have befriended BFs, why don't they get some good, clear, indisputable photos of their big, hairy buddies? Such photos would be invaluable in establishing the existence of BFs and facilitating legal protection for these remarkable creatures. I have heard stories of BFs accepting handouts of candy, etc., at isolated cabins. Given the fact that the vast majority of BF encounters are non-violent, you'd think the BFs might become emboldened, sort of like park bears.

The skulls and some of the reconstructions of the "Red Deer People" look pretty "modern" to me.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Quote for eventual turnaround being fair play.

Frankly, I need go do some xmas shopping or something. I've rather become obsessed with this recently. I must admit though, I'm fascinated by the fact that we may be at the cusp of indisputable proof of an amazing new reality.

I've kind of got the lay of the land around this 'bigfoot community' now. There are some fucking fruitballs out there, whoa mamma. With what I have learned thru these various bloggers and other outlets, it appears these 'stars in the community' like the Moneymaker dude that's on that FBft show appear pretty pissed they are not tied to the study nor are going to be the ones to provide the proof and have their names go down in history as a Jane Goodhall type. Plus, his show becomes rather moot now.

It looks like there are quite a few people that are uncomfortable with the idea that real scientists are about to take over their turf and that makes people act out. And people are starting to consider what the govt is going to do, stuff like that.

Another interesting thing I have learned is that there is a billionaire funding most of this named Wally Hersom, which explains some of the complex and expensive genome sequencing that has been claimed.

Interesting thing. This Hersom guy is claimed to have purchased the rights to HD and many videos that are not out there yet. The claim in this BF community is that they are planning a comprehensive release, IE, yo here is the DNA and here is the HD video showing what it looks like.

I think these people they call 'habituators' are pretty full of shit. There may be 1 or 2 real ones out there that have real relationships, who knows. Sounds like a bullshit in general, though.

Who knows about being emboldened. The evidence seems to indicate they are very shy and want to remain hidden.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

It took those motherfuckers in China 14,000 years to find that shit :satisfied:

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Regarding the video, the BFs were sure aggressive for such supposedly shy and elusive critters. Lucky for them the bearded weirdo wasn't packing a .338 or .375. That in all probability would have ended the mystery right then and there...if he's telling the truth. Interesting how when the BFs were throwing logs and rocks at him, he only photographed them rolling downhill. Y'don't suppose it's just possible that he rolled them downhill himself, do you?

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

If someone home invaded you, you'd push them out. His claim is interesting, though. They don't engage him directly. They use intimidation tactics and push him out of their area. Who knows about the shit rolling. But yo, that BF begind the rock looks pretty amazing, and for all the complaints on this thread of grainy images you cant see anything with, I dont hear any detraction of the clip at 7:00. That looks pretty real.

This vid from Minnesota is pretty interesting. Apparently these guys found a 3 1/2 MILE long set of BF prints in the snow and they determined all kinds of travel patterns such as using logs, etc. Apparently its pretty aware of its footprints and what its leaving behind.

The guy who breaks it down actually does a pretty good job. 3 1/2 miles, wow. If that's real its amazing.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012