• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good! Who was the designer? Is yours made from aircraft alloy? I wonder if they make a collapsible version? Lots of questions for just a spork I know :lol:, right @mgrennier

It’s Tito Titanium. Apparently. No carbon fiber prongs though, sadly.
Non collapsible which I think is a good thing. 11.7 grams. £5.99 on Amazon.
I can send a link @mgrennier if you are interested...

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s Tito Titanium. Apparently. No carbon fiber prongs though, sadly.
Non collapsible which I think is a good thing. 11.7 grams. £5.99 on Amazon.
I can send a link @mgrennier if you are interested...
Can I get one with bridle leather? If not, how does yours patinate? Does it come with a strap? I prefer the padless spork strap, if possible.

Is that metal made from the (obviously) higher quality talon titanium or is it that cheaper stuff made in Taiwan. I do hear that Tito moved their titanium spork production overseas so I'm sure it's affected their quality. Rumor is that this new titanium is 0.00000004 mm thinner than the old one. Unbelievable.

If it was made in America, I would gladly pay $0.48 cents more for it. I called Tito's customer service but they didn't know either. Duh.

Have you had it for a long time? If you're not sure, you can check the build tag. There is a little date on the white tag, it will say something like 0814. Unless the previous owner ripped the tag off the damn thing. Idiot previous owner.

In any case, let me know. I'm really getting into this whole spork thing, but just not sure where to start. You guys on this forum have been really great. Maybe one day I'll ask what bag you recommend. I was thinking of a nice Tumi.

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get one with bridle leather? If not, how does yours patinate? Does it come with a strap? I prefer the padless spork strap, if possible.

Is that metal made from the (obviously) higher quality talon titanium or is it that cheaper stuff made in Taiwan. I do hear that Tito moved their titanium spork production overseas so I'm sure it's affected their quality. Rumor is that this new titanium is 0.00000004 mm thinner than the old one. Unbelievable.

If it was made in America, I would gladly pay $0.48 cents more for it. I called Tito's customer service but they didn't know either. Duh.

Have you had it for a long time? If you're not sure, you can check the build tag. There is a little date on the white tag, it will say something like 0814. Unless the previous owner ripped the tag off the damn thing. Idiot previous owner.

In any case, let me know. I'm really getting into this whole spork thing, but just not sure where to start. You guys on this forum have been really great. Maybe one day I'll ask what bag you recommend. I was thinking of a nice Tumi.
Post of the week right here. Well played. I nearly lost my tea laughing.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At less than $10, these titanium sports by Snow Peak are a solid utensil for backpacking. I’ve actually broken the heavy duty plastic ones. I’ve had this thing for close to 20 years.

F449F94E-A93C-43BA-BC35-0BBF4BBA9E0B.jpeg

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol. This spork thing brought back memories of fifth grade and the whole “boys and their toys” thing that underlies this thread.

I am dating myself here but there was always something that all the boys were collecting (e.g. marbles, early hand held LED video games, Star Wars cards, early digital watches) and the whole fun of it was just comparing the minor variations of what each boy had with one another.

Years later, I remember wanting an “Indiana Jones” type leather jacket. So I chuckled to myself when the Jack Ryan Journeyman Edition nudged up interest in the backpack too.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At less than $10, these titanium sports by Snow Peak are a solid utensil for backpacking. I’ve actually broken the heavy duty plastic ones. I’ve had this thing for close to 20 years.

View attachment 1037975

Nice. I am a sucker for anything titanium.

I am going to buy one and sharpen one side to a razor sharp edge so I can use it as a knife, fork and spoon: the sporfe!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mgrennier

I have a spork. I think the Snow Peak “patinates” quite nicely.

For a well researched review of 12 sporks, look here. https://expeditionportal.com/expo-tested-who-makes-the-best-spork/

They have a test protocol to compare Volume, Stab-ability, Strength, Length, Weight, and other Features.

Have fun!

I hope this year, they actually measure TPD - Tine Penetration Depth. As recommended by the ISSB (International Spork Standards Bureau) in their recent 2018 guidelines.

A seemingly excellent spork may be rendered nonfunctional for picking up al dente penne pasta for example with a low TPD. A critical failure for hungry expeditioners in high altitude conditions.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with their briefcase D-ring shifting and causing squeaks? Looks like the leather on one side of my 257 has seen some stuff. Wondering if this is a normal occurrence, or if anyone has an overall solution for my squeaky strap.
IMG_4804.jpg
IMG_4805.jpg

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I need some of you Vintage experts to help me make sense of a listing. Found this Pullman on the bay. It appears to be a Talon and has the older white patch, but the strap appears to be padded. It is also listed as original size, but sports the current small version dimensions. Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-PUL...524321&hash=item4b4edb5474:g:kQMAAOSw7fBbmujq
This looks to me like a vintage large Pullman with a replacement non vintage strap (don’t think they made the small Pullman until after they discontinued the 242 large carry on, but I could be wrong). Looks to be in very nice condition, but I would ask about the smell before taking a dive. I do have a few extra vintage straps if you ended up wanting to upgrade, however this one isn’t a bargain buy at a starting bid of $300 without the original strap. Not bad, but also not a steal.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mgrennier

I have a spork. I think the Snow Peak “patinates” quite nicely.

For a well researched review of 12 sporks, look here. https://expeditionportal.com/expo-tested-who-makes-the-best-spork/

They have a test protocol to compare Volume, Stab-ability, Strength, Length, Weight, and other Features.

Have fun!
Reading that article was probably the most fun I've had today. Thanks for finding that.

Makes me wonder why, in my job, I'm not able to test and write about sporks for a living. Maybe it's time for a career change?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads