• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$99.99 each..
Great idea, except we are not putting you in charge of pricing. :lol: At that price it better be made out of solid brass or from the leftover gold crowns & fillings of one C.C.Filson :rolleyes:

Last edited:

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea, except we are not putting you in charge of pricing. :lol: At that price it better be made out of solid brass or from the leftover gold crowns & fillings of one C.C.Filson :rolleyes:

But it’s the finest UnObtanium from the deepest levels of the shinola mines!
(BTW CC Filson was so tough and righteous that he had no fillings)

Toombs

Reaction score
Thank you @Toombs for the spork tip. It is the perfect tool for both my morning yogurt and whatever concoction I end up with for lunch. It’s the little things sometimes ;)

View attachment 1011734

@TinMan3 I am glad that you like the Snow Peak Spork! It is a funny, little thing that I enjoy. Titanium for $9.95, much lower than the proposed Filson Branded Spork.

And to add my opinion to the 270 Garment Bag, I have a Talon era bag that I have not used in ages. It is very heavy; I never did like the organization of almost any garment bag, and I rarely need a suit anymore. I would think that the 271 Rugged Suit Cover would be much more practical, but it does not come with a shoulder strap attachment. Furthermore to me, the design of the 271 would let the lower half of your suit, shirt, or whatever slump back to the middle fold. Negating the whole reason you are using a garment bag to prevent wrinkles.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TinMan3 I am glad that you like the Snow Peak Spork! It is a funny, little thing that I enjoy. Titanium for $9.95, much lower than the proposed Filson Branded Spork.

And to add my opinion to the 270 Garment Bag, I have a Talon era bag that I have not used in ages. It is very heavy; I never did like the organization of almost any garment bag, and I rarely need a suit anymore. I would think that the 271 Rugged Suit Cover would be much more practical, but it does not come with a shoulder strap attachment. Furthermore to me, the design of the 271 would let the lower half of your suit, shirt, or whatever slump back to the middle fold. Negating the whole reason you are using a garment bag to prevent wrinkles.

I have noticed full fledged garment bags seem to have fallen out of favor based on my purview of other business travelers at airports.

I am not sure if business people are packing lighter (or more casual business wear) or the wisdom of carrying a large rectangular and bulky piece of luggage on the shoulder into an crowded airplane cabin has now been questioned.

I do see a few older businessmen still carrying them (usually still sporting the pleated pants/baggy suits that were popular 20 years ago). But it is increasingly uncommon.

On the other hand, I would still use a simple suit bag. A few dress shirts and a sport coat as checked luggage or in the back of the car (unfolded). As these simple suit bags are not overstuffed with heavy black Kenneth Cole square toed shoes, VHS tapes of ‘Friends’ episodes, and bottles of Drakkar Noir like your typical garment bag, they are still light and keep things pretty wrinkle free.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen looks like some solid hulk matter on this Travel Bag with a new style label. Probably ~2013. Defeinitely brass plated.

5781FA0C-1385-4816-B793-29F2EB70C997.png

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it! Obviously Filson but what IS it?

Also @TinMan3 - we need to get a petition together to have Filson branded sporks complete with monogramming! $99.99 each...
Ahh this will have to go in line behind the SF Edition 48hr Twill Duffle. I am always down to pay a little extra to toss my favorite brand name on just about anything ;)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it’s the finest UnObtanium from the deepest levels of the shinola mines!
(BTW CC Filson was so tough and righteous that he had no fillings)

Shinola Mines...classic :lol:
In that case why not follow Bedrocks suit and give it a "small" price increase, say $999.99.

Or C.C. ripped them out himself and had them melted down to fund his first store...I'd believe that.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since I'm using my POS suit carrier as a mean to carry safely my dress shirts from location to location (no air travel yet), would it be at all out of place to carry the #271 without folding it? Is that just a weird proposition? That's how I'm carrying the one I currently have, since it does not fold in half. I don't think I would like the #270, as one too many people have complained about its excessive weight.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this? I can't find any info regarding a discontinued Olive color - do they mean this is a highly faded OG (which coincidentally is the first picture)?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123279149281?ul_noapp=true

Not sure this is even Olive or Otter Green. The item # reads : 70220-TN (TN = Tan / OT = Otter Green)
However if that is indeed a typo, I have seen many listings refer to Otter Green as "Olive" or just plain old "Green". I blame that on misinformed sellers not doing their due diligence before listing.

Last edited:

mdwsta4

Reaction score
For those asking about garment bags, it’s not Filson and it won’t develop a nice patina, but I’ve really been enjoying this bag over the last 6-8 months.

https://www.bespokepost.com/box/en-route

Buddy of mine just got a new job in the private sector that requires a bit more travel in addition to having to suit up everyday. He asked about all my bags and he’s picking up a Filson 48 hour now. So got another Filson convert!

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those asking about garment bags, it’s not Filson and it won’t develop a nice patina, but I’ve really been enjoying this bag over the last 6-8 months.

https://www.bespokepost.com/box/en-route

Buddy of mine just got a new job in the private sector that requires a bit more travel in addition to having to suit up everyday. He asked about all my bags and he’s picking up a Filson 48 hour now. So got another Filson convert!

I have something similar called a Wally Bag. It has a great hanger clip that keeps any type of hanger tightly affixed. Only about 50 bucks. I will put my dress shirts and sport coat in there and all the other gear in a duffle. Good combo when you absolutely want your suit or shirts to be pristine. And fairly easy to carry around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads