• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

raneym305

Reaction score
Was hoping to get something in navy. Are there any organization pockets in side? Using this for school, so some pockets for things would be nice.
Otherwise, maybe I'll just get the small duffle in tan ($225).
Anyone know where I can get the oil finish tin cloth duffle for sale? ^^
No, this doesn't have any interior pockets. It has two exterior end pockets. The regular duffle only has two interior end pockets. If you're looking for a bag for school, I would suggest the briefcase or laptop bag. I've got a 256 in tan and use it for everything!

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just discovered that Filson is available through the Military Exchange for Active Duty and Retired. 192 Filson items including most bags, the computer bags were on the front page and just added to the lineup. Prices are pretty good and combined with the occasional sales discounts offered by the Exchange brings it down even more.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just discovered that Filson is available through the Military Exchange for Active Duty and Retired. 192 Filson items including most bags, the computer bags were on the front page and just added to the lineup. Prices are pretty good and combined with the occasional sales discounts offered by the Exchange brings it down even more.

Hey i have access to this... what kinda sales do they run on the filson stuff?
And do you have any idea about the sales discounts?

thanks for the heads up!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want Filson stuff just call Crane's or Cable Car. You'll get a good price always

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey i have access to this... what kinda sales do they run on the filson stuff?
And do you have any idea about the sales discounts?
thanks for the heads up!

The Filson stuff likely will not go on sale, it is already priced very low. But the coupons are for anything purchased and apply to Filson also. Drill down on the Exchange website under savings and subscribe to the emails. Always have at least 10% off with free shipping current code until 5\23 is x2056enews. During holidays and also random times they send out 15-20% off codes. If you sign up for the Military Star Card they have up to 25% off usually the first couple of weeks in December. So the Pullman with current 10% off comes out to $269 at the exchange. But willing to bet can get it for $239 between now and the 4th of July. Filson and Allen Edmond shoes are about the only really good discounts at AAFES left that I've seen after more than 30 years of shopping there.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

PlanesTrains

Reaction score
Thailand during the monsoons

Very good point. Been there, done that and it is Filson all the way. It was sad watching all the unprepared colleagues with their fragile bags. I got to the meeting, shook the water off and ready to go while they had to dry their files (placed inside their bags) before getting started.

enginerd917

Reaction score
I tried to look through this thread, as best as I can on this darned cell phone. Has anyone posted a side by side comparison showing the depth of the 256 vs 257? If someone owns both and wouldn't mind, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the market for a new briefcase, currently I travel very light: no laptop for the foreseeable future, most likely my touchpad + sleeve, two USB cables, some manilla folders, two tiny tupperware snack size containers (1oz iirc). Seems like I should be fine, unless I throw a 13" macbook into the mix.

PlanesTrains

Reaction score
I tried to look through this thread, as best as I can on this darned cell phone. Has anyone posted a side by side comparison showing the depth of the 256 vs 257? If someone owns both and wouldn't mind, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in the market for a new briefcase, currently I travel very light: no laptop for the foreseeable future, most likely my touchpad + sleeve, two USB cables, some manilla folders, two tiny tupperware snack size containers (1oz iirc). Seems like I should be fine, unless I throw a 13" macbook into the mix.
Try this:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?109682-Filson-briefcases-256-257-258

I think you should give 257 a good consideration, given the snack containers.

SSSSS

Reaction score
Rusty,

I travel by air frequently for business and don't find the small duffel 'too small'. Granted, I travel light, but for 5-6 day trips I easily fit several trousers, a dress-shirt/socks/boxers for every day, running shoes or casual shoes, and a few pieces of casual clothing. For 5-6 days, I shove the dopp into my breifcase, but for 3-4 day trips it all fits in the duffel. I believe all the folks who claim the small duffel is 'too small' for a weekend simply don't know how to properly pack (while dressing smart)

There are times, when travelling for 6-7 days, to colder climates (sweaters/jackets, etc), or when I want to pack athletic gear, I need to take my Medium Duffel, I've never had a problem carrying it on, but I have also never packed it near to capacity. If you stuff the medium, you won't get it on the plane.

If I had to choose between the two for travel under 6 days, it would definately be the small duffel. In retrospect, If I were to have only one bag, it would be the Medium Travel Bag , as I think it alone would accommodate 100% of my traveling needs.

converge

Reaction score

For those who are in between a small duffle and medium duffle, consider the medium travel bag.

Small duffle: 39 linear inches
Medium travel bag: 42 linear inches
Medium duffle: 52 linear inches

I have the medium travel bag and it's been great for overnight trips and weekend trips. It has the advantage of being one of Filson's largest bags that is still carry-on compliant.

But what puts it over the top are the 4 outside pockets and 2 inside pockets (which I can easily fit my 13" MBP with sleeve). It's kind of like a giant 256 but without the outer flap.

The only downside is that price is almost identical to the medium duffle. Plus it doesn't have that "classic duffle" appearance.
70246-main-242.jpg

I second the medium travel bag as well.

wesos

Reaction score
Just got my small tan duffel and couldn't be happier. I was concerned it would be a bit too small and wished there was a size between the small and medium, but in fact it is roomier than anticipated. Definitely a weekender, in temperate climates, anyway.

Yes, damn fine bag! There couldn't be more than a handfull of Filsons in my city, not that it matters (well, it kinda does). Yet again, SF has shown that something I didn't know existed a month ago was the very thing my life has lacked for so long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics