• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first FRD purchase...

Stopped in Filson tonight to pick up a pair of gloves I had been eyeing online and came across it at the register. It's a small aromatic pillow made from discontinued wool patterns... they had two sizes and I picked up the larger of the two. Planning on putting it inside my bag to give it that nice woodsy smell... smells a lot like pine needles.

If I like it, I may stop in and pick up a few more... not sure if these are available online or not, but if you're near a store, I think it's a nice little item to add a nice smell to your stored Filson bags or your daily carry.
View attachment 887288
Man I wish I lived close to a Filson store. Those look awesome, and my $50 holiday bonus is burning a hole in my pocket lol

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do smell great. The one thing I forgot to get when I was there and actually cheap by FRD standards.

Ssssh...they might hear you! Say something is "cheap" and they will immediately commission a catalog photo shoot featuring bearded Louisiana commercial shrimpers highlighting their professional use of aromatic pillows to freshen up their tin cloth ice boxes.

The pillows will be $195 online by Monday.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 887157 I’m in my second to last semester of graduate school and my unlimited edition #257 is getting me through finals week.
How can you get by with an UN-limited edition? I feel bad for you... thought you were better than that! An UN-limited? As in “run-of-the-mill”? You need a first generation 257 in otter green with talon zips, a padless strap, perfectly faded leather (only the kind that has a lightly sueded feel to it), 22 oz twill (not that light-weight 21.5 oz crap) (friggin BEDROCK).

I really hope your bag did NOT come with a key holder strap. Blasphemy.

(Friggin BEDROCK)

woodsjw

Reaction score
How can you get by with an UN-limited edition? I feel bad for you... thought you were better than that! An UN-limited? As in “run-of-the-mill”? You need a first generation 257 in otter green with talon zips, a padless strap, perfectly faded leather (only the kind that has a lightly sueded feel to it), 22 oz twill (not that light-weight 21.5 oz crap) (friggin BEDROCK).

(Friggin BEDROCK)

hahaha this is one of my favorite posts ever on this thread.... guilty as charged ;)

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ssssh...they might hear you! Say something is "cheap" and they will immediately commission a catalog photo shoot featuring bearded Louisiana commercial shrimpers highlighting their professional use of aromatic pillows to freshen up their tin cloth ice boxes.

The pillows will be $195 online by Monday.
We all need some tin cloth pillow cases of course. $295 for the set.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(Friggin BEDROCK)

HAHA actually by Bedrocks standards "Limited Edition" means picking the two most unpopular colors for a particular bag and changing absolutely nothing on it...and worst of all not stating in the description as to what makes it so special.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We all need some tin cloth pillow cases of course. $295 for the set.

Don't forget the burly mountain men you can hire donned in Filson gear to fluff up your pillows

GzStudio

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my wife to take one of the FRD totes, although it was not the one that I thought she would pick!

IMG_8760.JPG

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them