• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Snug if fine. Tight/painful isnt. If you buy shoes that are tight, there is always a high chance they wont strecth enough to be comfortable. Always best to go slightly larger than slightly smaller. Everyones preference for snugness also varies and should be considered.
Second this. And if it’s slightly too large, a tongue pad/heel pad/insole can fill the rest of the volume.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snug if fine. Tight/painful isnt. If you buy shoes that are tight, there is always a high chance they wont strecth enough to be comfortable. Always best to go slightly larger than slightly smaller. Everyones preference for snugness also varies and should be considered.
Yeah, I second this. I have gotten over buying small and hoping they stretch. I’ve had far better luck buying a shoe that fits right at the start. The break in is easier and I’ve never had them stretch too much. Going down 1/2 from brannock should be just right for most people with the iron ranger.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I second this. I have gotten over buying small and hoping they stretch. I’ve had far better luck buying a shoe that fits right at the start. The break in is easier and I’ve never had them stretch too much. Going down 1/2 from brannock should be just right for most people with the iron ranger.

Good to know. I guess I’ll have to take feet shrinking pills for my big ass feet. I would have to go down a full size. Luckily Alden’s do half sizes in my range.

Fabian43

Reaction score
No problem at all! These bags are certainly on the rise lately, with prices soaring past $400 used. I’d say that’s a pretty good price for a new 24HR. It’s less than what I paid back in 2015.

so I managed to find a 15% off coupon code so I ordered the navy 24 from a website. I got for $310 with tax shipped to me. They have a 90 day return policy so if either Filson outlet store is able to find me a clearanced navy 24 at $200, I’ll be able to return this new one I bought. Or, offer it to this group for what I paid. Not sure there would be interest at that price. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I managed to find a 15% off coupon code so I ordered the navy 24 from a website. I got for $310 with tax shipped to me. They have a 90 day return policy so if either Filson outlet store is able to find me a clearanced navy 24 at $200, I’ll be able to return this new one I bought. Or, offer it to this group for what I paid. Not sure there would be interest at that price. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

:fonz: Even if you don’t find one at $200, you still got one heck of a good deal at retail!! Do share the build date with us once it arrives.

So-33

Reaction score
Nice display of some blue bags at the Filson Marysville WA
Store. Took picture yesterday in my wandering.
image.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice display of some blue bags at the Filson Marysville WA
Store. Took picture yesterday in my wandering. View attachment 1546502

“New Arrivals”? I’m confused, how slow is their distribution. The 48HR, Zippered Tote are discontinued in Navy and the Garment Bag has been completely discontinued from production at Filson.

TinMan3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“New Arrivals”? I’m confused, how slow is their distribution. The 48HR, Zippered Tote are discontinued in Navy and the Garment Bag has been completely discontinued from production at Filson.
Omg, this is the outlet store, so the discontinued bags are probably still making their way out there from the warehouse. Still kinda slow.. haha

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading back to Uni in a few weeks, after an 18 years absence, felt I needed a suitable bag that wasn’t overtly preppy, so
8CC6AA74-9A02-47DD-8DCB-847CC37CFF98.jpeg
F46516C1-4713-4954-9014-A291630E4592.jpeg
settled on the Filson Original.
Arrived today, and quite happy with it, however curious anchor point exists in the front sleeve, what is it used for?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading back to Uni in a few weeks, after an 18 years absence, felt I needed a suitable bag that wasn’t overtly preppy, so View attachment 1546770 View attachment 1546771 settled on the Filson Original.
Arrived today, and quite happy with it, however curious anchor point exists in the front sleeve, what is it used for?

Score another point to Team dOG! Welcome. Is this your first Filson luggage purchase?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads