• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari might make a 612 P4/5…

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
On the road, in Italy, next to regular cars... it's an incredible sight.

Yeah, but I'm sure that any Ferrari (or Lamborghini, Aston, etc...) could do that as well.

(I may be mistaken / uninformed here) But, isn't the 612 just an Enzo with a different body? Is that really worth the extra $2 million? I mean even in the grand old days of the custom coach builder did people pay 2/3's of the cars cost on just the body. Personally, if I wanted a re-bodied Enzo, I would get the Maserati MC12.

Jon.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's stunning! I like the futuristic and minimalist approach, without breaking away completely with the old P4. Here are some pics:
ferrarip45_01.jpg
ferrarip45_02.jpg
ferrarip45_03.jpg
According to this only one will ever be made. It's owned by James Glickenhaus from New York. Love the license plate. Since it's a one-off, I can see why it costs a cool 3 mil. As compared to the old P4:
9798.jpg
9801.jpg
9795.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Joe G was some kind of foreign aristocrat. I believe he drove a Lotus, had a penchant for bulgari glasses, and a distain for the way Americans dress while shopping at walmart.
Possibly aside from the Lotus, don't we(Styleforum) all?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I like it. But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

Well, it's like choosing between:

The sleek and modern Italian: Federica Fontana

fonta4b.jpg

Or,

The sultry and deliciously vintage Italian (who, coincidentally, was born in 1964, the same year as the above P4 beauty): Monica Bellucci

monica_bellucci_005_sl.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Well, it's like choosing between: The sleek and modern Italian: Federica Fontana http://digilander.libero.it/doubleef/fonta4b.jpg Or, The sultry and deliciously vintage Italian (who, coincidentally, was born in 1964, the same year as the above P4 beauty): Monica Bellucci http://www.celebritieshub.com/jpg102...cci_005_sl.jpg
DAMN YOU! I was going to mention Monica with my original post but I managed to control myself. NGGGRGH! Uhm, as you may surmise, I agree...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
But the original P4...my god. Oh. *drool*

Exactly my point. The original was so beautiful, so perfect in its existence that anything new they came up with had to be better than the original (no easy feat, I know and admit this), however in my opinion they failed to do this, and since its basically a custom body on a stock (relatively speaking, since it is partially customizable) Enzo chassis, the body should have been drop dead gorgeous, it should have been stunning; and it's not.

Jon.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jim has an original P3/4 and a 412P already

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
What a wonderful Ferrari that was the P4.

The car, is a beauty.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
I disagree. An Enzo is ugly and stupid, so chopping it up is fine with me. I could care less about the badge. For a 246 replica I suggested Fiat donor parts only because Ferrari doesn't make a properly sized engine any more.

Obviously, you don't care...

But, an Enzo is a true F1 car for the street; It sure hell might not look as good as the F40 or F50, but the heart of a car is it's performance...

And that's what the Enzo does best over it's previous cars.

To me, the F50 is the best looking, over the F40...

F40 is a pure drivers car, with no drivers aides or help.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I usually don't, the only artist imaginations that matter are those of the designers working for the car firms.

Jon.

From this statement especially I now understand why you so consistently rub me the wrong way.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
From this statement especially I now understand why you so consistently rub me the wrong way.
You do realize you have taken this completely out of context, although you know this and are just trying to bait me. You bored, John? Oh, and I wouldn’t rub you with a Hazmat biolevel 3 (type A) suit on. Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads