Ferrari might make a 612 P4/5…

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by imageWIS, Mar 26, 2006.

1. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Ok, I'll bite: what's a "˜properly sized engine'?

What's Formula-1 capped at? 2400cc now, right? That sounds like a reasonable maximum displacement for any street car, as well.

And why is the Enzo stupid (I'm not going to ask about beauty, which is in the eye of the beholder).

Haven't you ever seen an Enzo with a broken front valence? Being too low for actual street use is simply stupid design on a street car. It is no better than a riced out Civic.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

What's Formula-1 capped at? 2400cc now, right? That sounds like a reasonable maximum displacement for any street car, as well.

Haven't you ever seen an Enzo with a broken front valence? Being too low for actual street use is simply stupid design on a street car. It is no better than a riced out Civic.

You're joking, right? You can't create the Enzo's HP with a F1 engine and drive it on the road, day in and day out, completely unpractical.

The primary reason the valance is broken on an Enzo is because the person driving the car did not hit the button, which raises the nose in order to traverse less than perfectly smooth terrain.

Jon.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Jon alluded to the guy who destroyed his Enzo on PCH last month. My contribution was a digression in that direcion... [​IMG]

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Jon alluded to the guy who destroyed his Enzo on PCH last month. My contribution was a digression in that direcion... [​IMG]

I concur.

[​IMG]

Jon.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Are you Joe G? Just curious.

7. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

You're joking, right? You can't create the Enzo's HP with a F1 engine and drive it on the road, day in and day out, completely unpractical.

So what? You can't take an Enzo and drive it day in and day out anyway, because it was designed with inadequate ground clearance for street use. Besides which, maybe just maybe having that much hp in a street-driven car is a priori stupid. A 600hp car does nothing that a 300hp car can't, from a street perspective.

PS: Brian, ???.

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Joe G was some kind of foreign aristocrat. I believe he drove a Lotus, had a penchant for bulgari glasses, and a distain for the way Americans dress while shopping at walmart.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

So what? You can't take an Enzo and drive it day in and day out anyway, because it was designed with inadequate ground clearance for street use.
    Wrong. It is very useable on the street, and many owners use the car daily.

All Ferraris need front end resprays if actually driven. Drive; respray; repeat. It's a simple formula.

Jim Spiro drove his F50 daily and it has over 40,000 miles on it.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Joe G was some kind of foreign aristocrat. I believe he drove a Lotus, had a penchant for bulgari glasses, and a distain for the way Americans dress while shopping at walmart.

He was also well-spoken in politics, though he got pretty inflammatory at times. One time I brought up an NSX and he flamed it and said something like "Miatas and Lotuses are hte only real sportscars in America." So you had me curious.

11. raley

raley Senior member

Wrong. It is very useable on the street, and many owners use the car daily.

All Ferraris need front end resprays if actually driven. Drive; respray; repeat. It's a simple formula.

Jim Spiro drove his F50 daily and it has over 40,000 miles on it.

I can't wait to see pictures of this in August. JG is crazy [​IMG] I only hope that one day I will be able to throw around cash the way he does for fun.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Raley, true that. I've seen it - and it's pretty cool.
    Best.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I've now seen the finished car. It's spectacular.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I've now seen the finished car. It's spectacular.

I haven't seen it in real life, but from the pictures I saw, I don't think it's that stunning. Although, I think that as of late Pininfarina designs aren't all that impressive (save for the 430) and they are currently in a design-slump.

Jon.

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

On the road, in Italy, next to regular cars... it's an incredible sight.