• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ferrari might make a 612 P4/5…

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jon,
This is NOT Ferrari making the car. Ferrari has had NOTHING to do with its design or production (though they are going to wish they had). This is a private collecter who sent an Enzo he bought specially for the project to Pininfarina to design the car for him. Ferrari has had nothing to do with it.
Z

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. One of a kind designed by Pininfarina. Fully wind tunnel tested, track tested.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will be unveiled August in Monterey.
In the meanwhile, don't trust any "artist's renderings" you see in magazines. They haven't seen the car.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, the pictures in autoweek are way, way off.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I can't wait to see it, but I'm torn about ripping apart an Enzo to make another car...at least it's better than completely destroying one on the PCH.

Jon.

If someone wants to rip apart an expensive ungainly hack to make something beautiful, why shouldn't they? Though better would be to use a small Fiat as donor parts to do something a replica 246 Dino...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
If someone wants to rip apart an expensive ungainly hack to make something beautiful, why shouldn't they? Though better would be to use a small Fiat as donor parts to do something a replica 246 Dino...

See? Using an actual Ferrari and chopping it up doesn't feel too good, does it?

Maybe if he could have just bought the chassis and drivetrain from Ferrari, a-la the old method of coachworking.

Jon.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
See? Using an actual Ferrari and chopping it up doesn't feel too good, does it?

I disagree. An Enzo is ugly and stupid, so chopping it up is fine with me. I could care less about the badge. For a 246 replica I suggested Fiat donor parts only because Ferrari doesn't make a properly sized engine any more.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
I disagree. An Enzo is ugly and stupid, so chopping it up is fine with me. I could care less about the badge. For a 246 replica I suggested Fiat donor parts only because Ferrari doesn't make a properly sized engine any more.

Ok, I'll bite: what's a "˜properly sized engine'? And why is the Enzo stupid (I'm not going to ask about beauty, which is in the eye of the beholder).

Jon.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.