• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F'ed in Houston Airport- SOL??? What to do for 9-12hrs?????

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok so here is the deal.

im supposed to be in the goddamn air right now on my way to san jose. instead im stuck in this shithole airport (houston) for another 9-12hrs.

my flight from dc to houston was delayed 30 mins because a bunch of ***** were having a circle jerk instead of boarding the plane. so we board 15 mins late. after that they had to refuel the plane- and from what i saw, some n00b was getting trained. that made us another 15 mins late. next, we were delayed another 20 mins because we lost our spot on the (a;slkdga;lskdjg+) runway. so i get into houston late and miss my flight by 5 mins naturally.

now i am on standby for the next flight at 5:55PM (it is 10AM) and guaranteed on at 8:55PM.
ffffuuuu.gif

what recourse do i have against this bullshit? am i just SOL? they are claiming that the flight was delayed due to inclement weather which is clearly a lie, not that the customer service personnel in houston should know anything about that.

what to do in houston airport? i figure ill start getting shitfaced at 3-5pm, but i need something to do from 10 til then.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a flight where we boarded, and then the pilot comes on and says "we have to wait while one of my cockpit monitors gets changed. I'm not sure why it isn't working". . .

Naturally I missed my connection, and the airline said "oh, that was because of weather" which means they don't have to do anything about it.

**** the airlines in the US. They are all worthless.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
ok so here is the deal.

im supposed to be in the goddamn air right now on my way to san jose. instead im stuck in this shithole airport (houston) for another 9-12hrs.

my flight from dc to houston was delayed 30 mins because a bunch of ***** were having a circle jerk instead of boarding the plane. so we board 15 mins late. after that they had to refuel the plane- and from what i saw, some n00b was getting trained. that made us another 15 mins late. next, we were delayed another 20 mins because we lost our spot on the (a;slkdga;lskdjg+) runway. so i get into houston late and miss my flight by 5 mins naturally.

now i am on standby for the next flight at 5:55PM (it is 10AM) and guaranteed on at 8:55PM.
ffffuuuu.gif

what recourse do i have against this bullshit? am i just SOL? they are claiming that the flight was delayed due to inclement weather which is clearly a lie, not that the customer service personnel in houston should know anything about that.

what to do in houston airport? i figure ill start getting shitfaced at 3-5pm, but i need something to do from 10 til then.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

You are likely SOL. If your flight was delayed due to the airline's fault you might get some food vouchers. You can see if they will endorse your ticket to another carrier but good luck with that. You can ask for the station manager and plead your case as to why you believe that it wasn't really a weather delay (again, good luck with that). Write a letter to the airline when you get home and maybe you will get a few thousand miles in your account or a $$ voucher.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all airlines are worthless. i remember when i was traveling in spain and one plane (from spanair) just straight up didnt show up. the excuse given by customer service was that "we lost the plane." WTF???

so we get transported by bus from jerez to almeria which was 2.5 hrs away. they had delayed a flight from almeria to madrid for 3 hrs WHILE THE PEOPLE WERE STILL ON THE PLANE. when we boarded, i actually felt bad for those people as they were all staring daggers at us.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Go out and make a day of it in Houston. It's not a bad town, and I bet they have some good titty-bar lunch specials. Work up an appetite, then hit Happy Hour somewhere, and maybe you'll just push that flight back til tomorrow.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go to esquire.com and find a clothing store or two to visit. buy some ****. then on the flight, get pissy drunk, **** on the floor and piss all over the toilet, sink, mirror, etc. and watch the fun on the return. :)

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Go out and make a day of it in Houston. It's not a bad town, and I bet they have some good titty-bar lunch specials. Work up an appetite, then hit Happy Hour somewhere, and maybe you'll just push that flight back til tomorrow.

Are you at Hobby or Bush? If the later, then definitely go out and have some fun!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you in Bush or Hobby? Probably Bush, and if so - hmmm. Where would I send someone to kill a few hours? HMMMMM.

I do know the feeling though. Bush is not an interesting airport, and Hobby is 1000x worse.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm at Bush. How close is it to the city? Can i just take a bus? I kinda just want to spend all day in a titty bar, but I'm open to other ideas as to what I should do. Frankly, I am scared of Houston...
confused.gif

I havent slept in 40 hrs.
ffffuuuu.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
false expectations set by thread title...i thought i was about to be regaled by a tale of stranger sex in airport bathrooms....
ffffuuuu.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm at Bush. How close is it to the city? Can i just take a bus? I kinda just want to spend all day in a titty bar, but I'm open to other ideas as to what I should do. Frankly, I am scared of Houston...
confused.gif

ffffuuuu.gif

http://www.fly2houston.com/iahGroundTransportation

I'd head to the Galleria area for shopping, food and fun within walking distance (assuming you don't want to rent a car). I can't advise on titty bars (that's rnoldh's department!), but there are quite a few on Westheimer.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
confused.gif

ffffuuuu.gif

damn. 40 hours. rnoldh has the low-down on the titty-bars, I've not been in one in around a decade.

Bush is roughly a few miles north of the northern edge of Houston. Greenspoint is your nearest 'destination' but do not recommend. The Galleria (shopping central) is roughly 30 miles into town, as is the theater/museum district. Damn, I'm trying to think of something interesting about Houston, but during the day it's pure commerce.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh: get barbeque and beer. Goode Company, Rudy's, Pappas: all acceptable and easily-found.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** happens. forgot exactly how many times i had to overnight [or 2] in an airport. but, misadventures are part of the travel adventure, imo. sometimes, it's the unplanned situations & unexpected chaos that add spice/color/highlight to the travel experience. makes them unique, distinct, and indelibly scorched in your mind.

of course, commuting is a totally different animal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads