• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite white/cream bucks?

mwrenchd

Reaction score
curious what people favorite brands of white or cream nubucks are? Looking to pick up a pair in NY this week or next in time for the Derby.

thanks

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't know if you'd get them in time, and they aren't bucks, but these could be cool:

1986rushdenedward.jpg

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=1986

Also not quite right, but a decent price:
210H_enlarged.jpg

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305

mwrenchd

Reaction score
chorse- Those Grensons look mighty nice. I will definitely have to consider them.

Doc- while I only expect to wear them 5-8 times a year, I would rather not buy something that will fall apart. $300 would probably be my upper limit.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't imagine paying more than $300 for bucks. They start to look pretty beat after a summer or two. The Grensons should be okay, nothing all that great. I have a pair they made for mainline Paul Stuart which are nice, but are showing their wear. Hey, now that I think of it, Paul Stuart has a pair this season which look like they could be like the grensons from Pediwear, only regular bucks instead of canvas:

http://paulstuart.com/Product/Produc...id=1596&cid=81

Also, Brooks Brothers has these, which I think look excellent. They have a 25% off sale day coming up soon. Because they are calfskin and can be polished, I imagine they would last longer than bucks.

294H_White_th.jpg

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=White

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like those Brooks bucks.

On the inexpensive end of the spectrum, I've also had good luck with Bass -- I'm wearing a pair of their dirty bucks today. They're stitched together, not glued, and the suede has held up for 25+ wears so far with no bare spots. Considering I paid $16 for them on closeout, I consider them good value for money.

Lawman

Reaction score
I just picked a pair of AE Orlean tan bucks for $80.00, and I like them a lot.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I had a $50 off coupon for Johnston&Murphy, so I stopped by there today on the way home out of curiosity. Ended up snagging a pair of nubuck saddle shoes for $80 after discount. Not *exactly* what I was looking for, but fine shoes for the price.
1_52720_FS.jpg

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Ralph Lauren ivory bucks. They seem quite satisfactory. Last time I looked, they were $145. Mine are going into their fourth summer and are still in fine fettle.

Anent the white wingtips from Brooks, the ones they had for the past couple of years were suede and really elegant--I half wish I'd bought a pair, but I don't much savvy spending ca. $400 for a pair shoes I'll wear maybe three times a year. The newer ones are some kind of textured calfskin or something and look like holy hell--kind of remind me of old fashioned nurse's shoes!

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
i got a pair of the ralph lauren bucks last year at Filenes for $75. not sure if they are available there often, though.

mwrenchd

Reaction score
Thanks, Doc. I had called the polo store in the Village but they weren't on sale. Didn't seem worth $225 retail either. $70 @ Grapevinehill is excellent though. Not too late to return the J&Ms.

etl

Reaction score
i'd been chasing these polo bucks of grapevinehill's on ebay for a few weeks before i thought to just go to the site (cheaper than the recent auctions incidentally.) does anyone have a coupon for the website presently?

Lawman

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of the AE Orlean, which is a dirty buck, and I love them. Picked them up on ebay for $80.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads