• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Sport

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Real football.
Serie A, CL, World Cup. Would love to follow EPL, La Liga, etc. but can barely keep up w/ Italian scores/headlines.

Anti-stat man, so no interest in main USA sports. Whenver I try to watch something (World Series game, last quarter of SuperBowl, etc.) the commercial breaks and 'color' commentators sned me running from the room screaming.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Real football.
Serie A, CL, World Cup. Would love to follow EPL, La Liga, etc. but can barely keep up w/ Italian scores/headlines.

Anti-stat man, so no interest in main USA sports. Whenver I try to watch something (World Series game, last quarter of SuperBowl, etc.) the commercial breaks and 'color' commentators sned me running from the room screaming.

rolleyes.gif
Sigh...Eurosnobs. They are so cute.

I like soccer too but I don't feel the need to demean all other sports.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
rolleyes.gif
Sigh...Eurosnobs. They are so cute.

I like soccer too but I don't feel the need to demean all other sports.

Sorry - I'm just insecure. You didn't offer a SouthAmerican alternative so Euro it is....

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
College football
Champions League Euro football/soccer

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of tough for a couple of reasons:

(1) I often get into and out of things as time passes. Sometimes I watch a lot of MMA and boxing, other times I miss a few events in a row, same thing for some other sports.

(2) Different sports play in different seasons. During the winter season I try to catch as many Devils hockey games as I can. During the summer, I try to catch as many Mets games as I possibly can.

(3) Some sports play every day (baseball) so it's hard to catch every game; other sports require less of a time investment (NFL).

(4) Some sports are easy to watch on tv because you don't have to pay that much attention (baseball, soccer); other sports, if you're not paying consistent attention, there's no point to even having the game on (basketball).

Having said all that, I probably watch MMA more than anything else, then hockey and baseball are probably tied, followed by soccer and basketball, and finally football. On the other hand, I do try to catch as many matches as possible in tennis grand slams, but those aren't always on.

The conclusion is, this poll is useless.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, football.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Yeah, football.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Dumb football jocks don't even know how to embed youtube videos. Let a former soccer player help you out:

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fight it out boys. Your perceived penis size depends on the outcome!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Football, errr, soccer leads the race!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not a nerd.

I love how a "hard play" in soccer is one that was not part of the match and a sucker move.

Yes, as oppossed to the "hard plays" in football by the guys that are wearing more armor than soldiers wear going to war.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Yes, as oppossed to the "hard plays" in football by the guys that are wearing more armor than soldiers wear going to war.

It's important to be protected when you spend 2 hours sitting on a bench sipping Gatorade while watching the other 74 players of your team taking turns on the field, 2.3 seconds at a time.

peepwall[1].gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

football =/= rugby.

Not defending football, merely pointing out that soccer is a sport where being the biggest pansy is now part of the game, vis a vis, flopping around on the ground for a minute after being brushed.

Oh what's that? It's an act? So in soccer you act like a giant vajeen and that's acceptable? Interesting.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
football =/= rugby.

Not defending football, merely pointing out that soccer is a sport where being the biggest pansy is now part of the game, vis a vis, flopping around on the ground for a minute after being brushed.

Oh what's that? It's an act? So in soccer you act like a giant vajeen and that's acceptable? Interesting.

Oh, sorry, never actually watched your youtube videos before posting since you didn't embed them right.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads