• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

one2rock

Reaction score
Is there any difference in quality between "now and then"? For instance, is the trench I posted pics of above not as good as the ones currently offered in the Heritage line (which I guess would be the equivalent to the London line)?

From your pictures, I assume that you have a honey coloured long Burberry trench coat in poly-cotton with plain weaved lining. There are Burberry trench coats in better quality with nicer twill linings, all in 100% cotton. The Heritage line is the London line. Burberry has made changes to the trench coats over the years: buttons (I can remember at least 9 different types of buttons), different types of fabric, different alignment of the lining, different seams, different labels etc. So, a trench coat from 2019 has different features from the same named coat from 2018 and so on. It all depends on which features/colours you want.

Last edited:

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berluti bag. What are your thoughts?

DDDD504C-347A-490D-AA93-94020020F5C0.jpeg

lol

Reaction score

Riooo

Reaction score
It is nice. It may be old, but it hasn't been worn much based on the conditions of the tags. It may be the type of fabric the house intends to be that makes you think it is old.

yeah that's true! but i'm having problems understanding whether it's real or not

lol

Reaction score
yeah that's true! but i'm having problems understanding whether it's real or not
There is a very good chance that it is authentic. It is old (1978), so it belongs to a collection far way back. I don't think crooks are
willing to go through all the troubles to make just a few fakes on an old style.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a very good chance that it is authentic. It is old (1978), so it belongs to a collection far way back. I don't think crooks are
willing to go through all the troubles to make just a few fakes on an old style.
The 1978 on the tag (that tag wouldn’t be on Gucci tho) is on most Italian garments and refers to an Italian garment law from 1978 not the date of production

lol

Reaction score
The seller is not providing more labels. Is it safe to assume it is authentic?

You can ask the seller for more pics on tags/labels. Sometimes, sellers are not responding due to time constraint or other reasons though.

Terrapot

Reaction score
Hello,

Here is a Versace Collection shirt found in a second hand today. Looks authentic, just want to confirm. Many thanks

20190221_212511.jpg

20190221_212541.jpg

20190221_212618.jpg

20190221_212633.jpg

20190221_212700.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads