• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

div25sec9

Reaction score
Can I get a verification on this jacket I picked up for the wife?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wayward

Reaction score
Not necessarily fake merchandise, but a fake website such that money sent is money gone. I doubt you'd even get a box in the mail.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not necessarily fake merchandise, but a fake website such that money sent is money gone. I doubt you'd even get a box in the mail.

OK...and there's someone driving around Gaungzhou at your expense probably.

PingBin

Reaction score
I have recently purchase a J.M Weston Chelsea boots from a French luxury resale website called "VestiaireCollective".

I don't usually buy shoes online as I would like to try them in store and see whether it fit me well. The reasons why I made my decision to purchase this boots are: first, the price is only half compare to retail price, second, the website claim they will check the product and make sure it is real, third, it is very hard to find my size in the store.

I register online, upgrade to premium account (they give you free shipping), paying money, and waiting for my boots. So far so fine, until today I receive the boots.

The Boots comes with no tag, no shoe tree ( I don't know whether J.M Weston offer free shoe trees or not, but I know Berluti and Corthay does), no original dust bag. Which I am not surprised. It looks like new as described. However, there is something surprise me(a lot). There is no insoles in it! The only thing I found is a small piece of leather(not like the leather used in normal shoes), the other parts are the parts normally under insoles (feel like paper or synthetic fiber). And then I found that the boots does not match the model in J.M Weston website.

I have been to the retail store in London before, I can tell there is no of shoes (insole) in store are like this one. So I am wondering maybe I have purchase a fake one, or just the boots is an old edition ?

Last edited:

vestbash

Reaction score
I have recently purchase a J.M Weston Chelsea boots from a French luxury resale website called "VestiaireCollective".

I don't usually buy shoes online as I would like to try them in store and see whether it fit me well. The reasons why I made my decision to purchase this boots are: first, the price is only half compare to retail price, second, the website claim they will check the product and make sure it is real, third, it is very hard to find my size in the store.

I register online, upgrade to premium account (they give you free shipping), paying money, and waiting for my boots. So far so fine, until today I receive the boots.

The Boots comes with no tag, no shoe tree ( I don't know whether J.M Weston offer free shoe trees or not, but I know Berluti and Corthay does), no original dust bag. Which I am not surprised. It looks like new as described. However, there is something surprise me(a lot). There is no insoles in it! The only thing I found is a small piece of leather(not like the leather used in normal shoes), the other parts are the parts normally under insoles (feel like paper or synthetic fiber). And then I found that the boots does not match the model in J.M Weston website.

I have been to the retail store in London before, I can tell there is no of shoes (insole) in store are like this one. So I am wondering maybe I have purchase a fake one, or just the boots is an old edition ?

No insoles? You mean removable insoles? You can clearly see that JM Weston branded sockliner, which covers the leather insole that JM W uses to make their footwear. All the branding looks good to me. I say 100% real. I just checked the website you bought them from. It is a "resale community", so that will explain why the shoes may not have come with tags or other NIB items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads